Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

Thunderbroom

• Members

Hopefully they win for you, catphish. My wife and I made the mistake of traveling to NO for the Sugar Bowl in 2001 with the Illini vs LSU (LSU crushed Illinois). Lots of cash/time down the drain on that one and the seats were in an LSU section. Oh well, paid back some NO saints fans sitting close by yesterday.
:thu:

Enjoy the game and Miami.

I know if they lose it's going to be a real let down...but this is once in a life time sort of stuff. I've had a collection fund going for a vacation that may get set back a couple years. Gotta do it! Even if they lose, I won't look at it as a mistake. I've been to every game this season and I'm not stopping now. I made $1700 from selling my two extra NFC champion ship tix, so that will help.

GO BEARS!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The AFC is definitely better overall. However, that doesn't mean the Colts are necessarily better than the Bears or vice-versa. I think the individual team matchups make a big difference as well. And you can't blame a team for having a weak schedule and winning. Hell, the Bears tied for 2nd in most points scored in the NFL this year ....tied with the Colts.

there are way too many intangibles to say "well these guys had a tougher schedule". How does the Bears defense match up with the colts offense? Same the other way. Who has the best special teams? The Colts probably have the best clutch kicker in the history of the game and the Bears have the best return guy in the NFL.

Lots of things to be considered.

I'm picking the Bears by 3.

Oh yeah, I'm not predicting anything with that post, merely providing Emprov with the stats he was guessing at...

• Members

Perhaps it's because I'm tired after celebrating my team winning the NFC championship and a spot in the Superbowl.
:p

Naw, I'm pretty sure it's your old decaying hippie brain :D

So it's not what you said....but my summary is good?
:freak:;)

right.gif

They aren't taking him out of the equation. Last week, if not for Grossman, they'd have lost. No question. This week, in the snow, they passed a lot less. No suprise there. He didn't have a good first half, but he came through in the 2nd half.

When I say "taking him out of the equation", I mean they're doing what you said earlier in the year, they're passing just enough to make the offense work, and not anymore than that...

Yesterday, he had one good drive, on which, three of the four passes of which went at Fred Thomas (who looked horrible), and that one drive accounted for more than half of his passing yards and more than 1/3 of his completions...He looked better against the Seahawks (the great pass in OT makes us all forget that on the last drive he had three of four passes tipped and one almost intercepted)...

At any rate....my flight is booked, the Bears are going to Miami and so am I!!
:wave:

Enjoy! :D

If it's anything like the WS was for me, even if they lose you'll still have fun with the experience...And if they win, well, then it's a {censored}ing party :D

• Members

Oh yeah, I'm not predicting anything with that post, merely providing Emprov with the stats he was guessing at...

Thanks but, if I was that interested, I too could have logged on to NFL.com and checked it out for myself. It ain't a big deal.

• Members

You're gonna take the free stats and you're gonna like it, or I'm gonna come and kick your NorCal ass, got it bub!
:mad:

I'm holding a shaker containing Gin and a bit of Vermouth. Take one step and I'll throw ice in it and start shaking! :mad:

Archived