It took many years, but I'm a Fender owner...

Phantasm

• Members

I finally found one that I liked. Played a bunch of them at Guitar Center and I ended up buying an American Fender Jazz, the one with the S switch. I prefer it with the switch down.

So yeah, it took 14 years, but I actually own a bass that says Fender on the headstock.

• Members
I finally found one that I liked. Played a bunch of them at Guitar Center and I ended up buying an American Fender Jazz, the one with the S switch. I prefer it with the switch down.

So yeah, it took 14 years, but I actually own a bass that says Fender on the headstock.

Should we be happy for you, or consider you a victim of the Borg?

• Members

Pics or it doesn't exist.

And yeah, I plan to eventually own one. A nice Fender USA Jazz V, black body & pickguard with a maple neck...

That's actually what I got, except the 4-string version. It's the first black bass I've owned that actually sounded good. It's been like a rule with me, if I want a bass the black one usually sounds the worst out of all the colors I try, and the crazy colors always sound the best.

• Members

Congrats on the new bass. I must admit I find Fenders a bit boring myself though I could see using a P or J sound every now and again. I think I'll rather own one (or two or three...) of the new vintage modified Squires...

If they're as good as I'm told I'm sure they'll satisfy every Fender craving I'll ever have... And at a much lower price... And before someone says SX I just don't really like copies. It lacks innovation... Only reasonI can live with Squire is that it's under Fender anyway...

Archived