use premium dude!!!

jonathan_matos5

• Members

i dont know if i mentioned this here but lately my sentra(2005 model) has been backfireing:freak: i took it in because its still under warranty and they look at it drive it around and come back in 30 minutes and ask me what gas im using. i say regular and they give me this look that i can tell means that they think im a cheap bastage and tell me to use premium.

180px-Snake.jpeg

• Members

i say regular and they give me this look that i can tell means that they think im a cheap bastage and tell me to use premium.

I used to use mid-grade all the time. When prices went up, I switched to regular. Not because I'm cheap... but cause everyone else is cheap.

When gas prices went up, higher octane sales went down. When higher octane gas doesn't sell... it sits in the tanks longer. When it sits in the tank longer... it gets dirty and old. When it gets dirty and old, it f**ks up my fuel injectors. When it f**ks up the fuel injectors, it leaves {censored} in the cylinders. When it leaves {censored} in the cylinders, it damages the piston rings. When the piston rings get damaged, you lose compression. When you lose compression, the engine has to work harder. When the engine has to work harder, it's life expectancy decreases. When it's life expectancy decreases, I'll be buying a new engine/car that much sooner.

Tell them that, and maybe they won't be so quick to suggest you're cheap next time.

F**king mechanics should know better.

Also... look up the recommended octane in the car manual. I bet it says 87 (regular) or higher.

• Members

The manual should specify the minimum grade of fuel you need to use

My Mazda 6 says to use 91 octane. I put in 85 octane and I can still do 90mph all the way from Denver to the Eisenhower Tunnel without it knocking, pinging, or backfiring, and that's an average 6% grade over 40 miles of highway.:eek:

C7

• Members

Isn't 87 octane the same as Regular?

From what I've seen in Oklahoma (JM's state) it is here.

At home (Montana) it's 85 or 85.5. Then you get into weird places like Nebraska or Iowa where regular and plus or premium is the same price...or sometimes regular is even more expensive. Takes me a couple seconds for me to figure out which one I want :confused:

• Members

Did you take it to the dealership to be looked at, since it's still under warranty?

Any mechanic that would tell you to put premium gas in a Sentra needs to go back to school.

The dealership will tell you that so that they don't have to perform warranty work on the car. They're hoping to stall until it's not under warranty anymore, so that when you bring it back for the same issue they can "find" the problem and charge you out the ass to fix it.

This is why I'll never buy another Saturn, or any GM product, for as long as I live.

C7

• Members

The dealership will tell you that so that they don't have to perform warranty work on the car. They're hoping to stall until it's not under warranty anymore, so that when you bring it back for the same issue they can "find" the problem and charge you out the ass to fix it.

This is why I'll never buy another Saturn, or any GM product, for as long as I live.

C7

if its still backfireing in 2 weeks ill be back to kick ass and take names:mad:

• Members

C7

I freaking love my Saturn... best car I've3 ever had. It's 12 years old and still doing ok... needed a few repairs, but I would never go to the dealership.

• Members

I freaking love my Saturn... best car I've3 ever had. It's 12 years old and still doing ok... needed a few repairs, but I would never go to the dealership.

the only reason i took my sentra to the dealership is because it is still under warranty. when the warranty is over ill do anything that i know how to do or have the tools to do myself.

let me also say that since i put premium in it yesterday it hasnt backfired so the guy might have been right:eek:

• Members

Saturns are (or were) good cars. I have one, it's reliable, and I really like it. Not sure about the newer models though.

But, their dealerships are f**king assholes. C7 is 100% correct on that. They dick with you... and dick with you... and dick with you. I've had nothing but problems from them. And everyone I know has had nothing but problems with them.

That sucks that they put out a good car, but won't stand behind it.

Lousy corksuckers.

• Members

I had a 2004 Ion that I took to Saturn of Boulder for an oil change. They also performed a recall service on the front suspension bushings.

A week later, I went over a speedbump and the front end went CAALLLUNKK!!! I immediately took it back to Saturn of Boulder, they couldn't find the problem. So I went over a speedbump in the parking lot of Saturn of Denver. CAALLLUNKK!!! They said that they "couldn't replicate the noise, and no, they didn't have time for me to show them."

I went to every single Saturn dealer in the Denver Metro area and not one of them would even put it on the lift to look for the problem, even though it started AFTER they performed the recall replacement.

When that car was stolen, I had to mask my glee when the cop showed up to fill out the report. I liked the car but I foresaw troubled waters ahead, and that was my 3rd Saturn.

C7

Archived