Dean's almost copied me.

TN.Frank

• Members

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_07/metalman2a.htm

Check out the knobs on the Metalman 2 basses from Dean. They almost coppied my idea(not sure who came up with it first but I didn't get the idea from Dean) of skull knobs on my Demonator. They're using standard skull knobs, not the speed knobs like I got from MF but still, pretty much the same idea. :thu:

• Members

LOL, I know they've been around for ages but I've not seen em' on a bass until I put the ones I got from MF on MY bass. Now, Dean is using em'. Just kind of makes me stop and wonder why I'M not working for those guys.

Call 'em, they might give you the job of putting the "metal" into their basses.

:D

• Members

Call 'em, they might give you the job of putting the "metal" into their basses.

:D

I remember when I first moved to Tennessee I almost got a job at Gibson Guitar in Nashville. After taking a the tour during the interview and seeing all the dust flying around I just knew my alergies would totally kick my ass if I took the job, that and they were working 12 hr days, 7 days a week at the time. Guess I don't have to tell ya', I didn't take the job. I wouldn't mind being a marketing rep or work for the advertising dept of a company that makes guitars and basses though. That'd be pretty cool. :thu:

• Members

I remember when I first moved to Tennessee I almost got a job at Gibson Guitar in Nashville. After taking a the tour during the interview and seeing all the dust flying around I just knew my alergies would totally kick my ass if I took the job, that and they were working 12 hr days, 7 days a week at the time. Guess I don't have to tell ya', I didn't take the job. I wouldn't mind being a marketing rep or work for the advertising dept of a company that makes guitars and basses though. That'd be pretty cool.
:thu:

I used to work for Gibson Many years ago

that is where I learned how to build Guitars

• Members

do you like the demonater metalman 2 a bass? hows the neck? thin-thick? do they make that series in a usa? i only seen the v-shape at gc here,string height was waaaaay high! id be interested in the metalman 2-a though! lumpy

I noticed that they've got 3 different models of Demonator. The Metalman like I have with a single pup, the Metalman 2A with two pups and the Demonator 4 that is the top of the line model with 2 pups and neck thru body set-up instead of a bolt on neck. I may just try to get either the 2A or high end Demonator as my 2nd bass(really, it'll be my first and my single pup will be my back up.) since I like the Demonator style so much. :thu:

Archived