my new toy.....GREEN

poorboy

• Members

Yeah i'd like to try one of them there 12-strings. Anybody messed around with a Galveston before? How's the quality? Decent budget 12'er?

You can check eBay for the Tennesse brand. It is a Waterstone knockoff 12 string but not as expensive. I have not played one but there are some nice reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PROFESSIONAL-TWELVE-STRING-SIMI-HOLLOW-BODY-BASS_W0QQitemZ190123392662QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

I agree about the Galveston: NATO fretboard= never getting it refretted

On the other hand, I used to own a Dean Rhapsody and that is a good 12ver bass. Waterstone does make good 12vers but Hamer is where its at

Hey, Robin Williams called. He wants his chesthair back.

• Members

You can check eBay for the Tennesse brand. It is a Waterstone knockoff 12 string but not as expensive. I have not played one but there are some nice reviews.

Tenessee and Starfire brands are, as far as one can tell, from the same company that makes the galveston. The latest ones that are on E-bay are ridiculously expensive for one truss-rod instruments (the Waterstone 12-ers have 2...) that have a non-adjustable rosewood bridge... I'd steer clear of them...

• Members

Tenessee and Starfire brands are, as far as one can tell, from the same company that makes the galveston. The latest ones that are on E-bay are ridiculously expensive for one truss-rod instruments (the Waterstone 12-ers have 2...) that have a non-adjustable rosewood bridge... I'd steer clear of them...

+1

• Members

I own a few Waterstones, 12 string, 8 string, and 4 string basses, and I love them. They play well, sound great, and look cool.

The Brighton 64 ROCKS!!!! I have the 32" scale bass and it has an amazing, warm and HUGE round tone. That green one is a 30" scale, and if it is anything like my 30" scale Waterstone Indra basses, you will LOVE it!!

It's like the Silver Beetles, man!

• Members

I'm looking forward to getting it.

I play a Longhorn now that I'm in love with.

Yea,I got a bunch of NICE Fenders too but there's something about a short scale.The Fenders have become back-ups to the Longhorn.

• Members

I'm looking forward to getting it.

I play a Longhorn now that I'm in love with.

Yea,I got a bunch of NICE Fenders too but there's something about a short scale.The Fenders have become back-ups to the Longhorn.

I WANT A LONGHORN!!!

Really, though... I dunno why I'm so infatuated with that look.

• Members

It's here!

First impression? It's beautiful.

Second impression? Low action ,bit of a buzz.

Probably the round wounds and maybe the truss rod needs loosened a tweek.You got to love those floating bridges.

Good tone, neck feels good,nice balance.

A vist with my luther will cure the quirks I suppose.

My shorties.

[ATTACH]235387[/ATTACH]

Archived