Peavey T-40

Mytola

• Members

I know there has got to be other threads about this, but... since the search function is broken, I'll post this one anyway.

I know there are people on the forum who has 'em, and I was wondering how it is, sound-wise and quality-wise. How good is the build quality on them? How are the necks? Anyone has any sound clips? Are they worth the money?

• Members

experience: I have used one; a buddy o' mine uses one exclusively

The are nice old workhorses, but heavy.

There are a couple of nice looking ones under $200 on the 'bay now. lotsa time left on those auctions, dontchaknow.

Hey, by the way . . . . Whats the going rate for the T-40 now (one in "good", average, playable condition)?

There's also a T-20 fretless up now, in case anyone lost theirs and wants another :rolleyes:

• Members

812894774_9062fa2df4.jpg

812894740_8ea83d5387.jpg

I'm loving mine. I've had it for almost two weeks and I can't put it down. Probably the heaviest guitar I've ever picked up (and I worked in a guitar store for 5 years, and have owned a good 30-40 guitars myself).

But the tone!... love it. Great slabs of sustaining vintage thick bottom-end mid-rangey goodness.

Crazy electronics too - pickups are in single-coil mode until you turn the tone down past about 7, and then they turn into humbucker mode.

* Course I'm only telling you all this in case you were smart enough not to click on Lug's Mp3's............. :freak:

Archived