Musicman Bongo bass

randy rhoads jr

• Members
Ha so true! I also like how the bongo can come with a single humbucker, and it doesn't feel as cluttered too me

YOu can get a single Humbucker Warwick, too. They call it an FNA, and they halted production of these in 1999 (I have one of the last ones produced). The advantage, like the bongo, is the greater amount of punch allowed by the dual-pickup configuration. :thu:

• Members

I find it humorous that some people will ask a question about basswood and lots of answers will scare the buyer away! But, Bongos are made of basswood - along with MTD Kingstons, and about a bazillion Stratocasters.

BTW: I don't think the Bongo is fugly.

• Members
The Bongo when up against my Spector Euro5LX, but lost.

ahh but you knew it would ;) I'm a hopeless spector fan

incidentally, any porcupine tree fans in here?

reason I ask is a few years back, the bass player was touring with a bongo, as can be seen on the 'arriving somewhere' dvd (nice tone too)

when I saw the band live a couple months ago, he played spectors almost exclusively, so I guess his experience mirrors dragon's to some degree

• Members

YOu can get a single Humbucker Warwick, too. They call it an FNA, and they halted production of these in 1999 (I have one of the last ones produced). The advantage, like the bongo, is the greater amount of punch allowed by the dual-pickup configuration.
:thu:

Yeah i would defiantely go dual humbucker, and what do all the switches on the warwick do? Is it like series/parallel, in phase/out of phase?

• Members
The 5er is on the top of my list, but hot damn they're hard to find used. Playability and tone is awesome in my book.

Hey Mike, check this website out: www.basscentral.com and look in the used section. You migh find some interesting stuff there. If you don't find what you looking for, talk to Beaver. He'll help you out..they're great people.

• Members

Hey Mike, check this website out:
and look in the used section. You migh find some interesting stuff there. If you don't find what you looking for, talk to Beaver. He'll help you out..they're great people.

Oh yeah, I've been there and drooled! Actually, common sense kicked in and I've decided to go a different and more affordable route this time around. I will end up with a Bongo one day though! Mark my words!

• Members

my bongo is still on layaway,its stealth black, dont know if thats their cheaper ones evan all the hardware,and both pups and all the screws ,etc,etc, are black,the WHOLE damn bass is black!! i told the shop to put a set of,yes you guesses it BLACKdr strings! TO GO WITH IT! WHY WRECK A GOOD THING? its lumpalicious! does that sound gay???? peace!!! lumpy...

Archived