Xbox 360

fretless

• Members

Don't forget about Halflife 2: Episode 2/Team Fortress 2/Portals!!!1

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1438/HalfLife-2-The-Orange-Box/p1/

I'll be buying the PC version, the price will be worth it for TF2 alone! Of course, on the 360 you'll have to pay for xbox live to really experience the game, but most hardcore FPS gamers already have that. I know the Halo fanboys hate me for this, but I would play Halflife and all its mods (counterstrike/Team Fortress/Day of Defeat, etc..) over Halo, or any other console FPS for that matter, any day. The PC still reigns supreme when it comes to Strategy games, MMRPGS, and FPS games IMHO.

• Members

Half-Life/TF was a better multiplayer, but not an overall game.

I still love Unreal Tourney 2K tho. Badass game!
:thu:

I can agree that the single player Half life/Half life 2 games might get stale in comparison to Halo, but people are still playing HL mods like counterstrike nearly *10 years* after the original HL came out. Most gamers use the single player episodes to get them ready for the real meat of the game, multiplay.

Halo is amazing for what it is, a great single player game, and great for parties when you can do some 2 on 2 or something. However, I can't see why people would buy it just for multiplayer when you can play HL or Unreal Tournament. Especially with all the innate advantages the PC has when it comes to online communities, fan based mods and maps, and free multiplayer.

Anyway, I'm not a console gaming hater or a Half life fanboy, I just don't see why Halo gets the hype it does. Maybe I'll buy a 360 though and try out Halo 3, my roommate would probably split the cost.

• Members

I've played Saints Row before, pretty cool game. My bro used to have an Xbox 360, when I say "an" I really mean 10....seriously they all had problems. Sent them back to Micro{censored} and nothing. He went thru 10 of the things and gave up, he has a PSP now, so do I. :)

• Members

I've played Saints Row before, pretty cool game. My bro used to have an Xbox 360, when I say "an" I really mean 10....seriously they all had problems. Sent them back to Micro{censored} and nothing. He went thru 10 of the things and gave up, he has a PSP now, so do I.
:)

wow really , 10 bad units ??? Crap !

• Members

I bought mine this past spring and have had zero problems with it.

I bought the one iwht the wireless controllers and the big hard drive, I really lik ethe HD and the wireless remotes so thats a no-brainer. It seems the early nits had problems, but no one I know personally has had any issues with theirs, and my cousins are some hard-core gamer types.

• Members

trigger pulled :D traded in a ton of old games and consoles at EB saved another 100 bucks , Scored St. Row , pre ordered Bio Shock and Halo , But did you know GTA has been pushed back to Spring '08 . So I went for the Elite as it has the HDMI out ,I used a DVI adaptor to TV's DVI , gave back the component to the DVD and we're good to go . I rocked it for like 10 hrs straight :lol::freak:. So is GOW the way to go then ? :D:cool:

Archived