I need new instrument cables.

brake

• Members

I need new 1/4" instrument cables. Two to go between bass and pedals, then pedals and amp. I'll need to get some smaller ones for patching pedals together, as well.

I don't want to buy new cables for a very very long time after this. I'm sick of getting something that will sketch out a few months down the road.

What should I check out? Monster Cables? George L's? What? Educate me!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

None, actually
:)

I bought one for myself. It's simple but incredibly well-made. I'd take it over a Planet Waves any day.

The prices don't seem too bad, but I don't think they're going to be an option. I had some cables go missing recently and need to replace them with something I can buy locally.

Thanks!

• Members

I {censored}ing hate buying cables that are crap and even the planetwaves "lifetime guaranteed" ones bugger out on me after 4/5 months. Thing is I can't afford bayou etc...

Bayou ain't that expensive, bro. Maybe you can team up with some more UK forumites and split the shipping. MBIYF and I did it that way!

• Members

I use Mogami Gold 25' to run from my pedalboard to my amps effects loop. Haven't had any problem with these cables for about a year now.

I use George L's to patch my pedals and to run from my wireless to my amps input. I like the George L's because you can cut them to any length you want, and that makes them perfect for patching pedals.

I also use Evidence Audio Siren speaker cables. It's a solid core speaker cable that sounds better every time you use it.

Check out Lava Cable. Mark Stoddard has alot of useful information on his website. He also makes some great custom cables at decent prices.

http://www.lavacable.com/

• Members

I use Mogami Gold 25' to run from my pedalboard to my amps effects loop. Haven't had any problem with these cables for about a year now.

I use George L's to patch my pedals and to run from my wireless to my amps input. I like the George L's because you can cut them to any length you want, and that makes them perfect for patching pedals.

I also use Evidence Audio Siren speaker cables. It's a solid core speaker cable that sounds better every time you use it.

Check out Lava Cable. Mark Stoddard has alot of useful information on his website. He also makes some great custom cables at decent prices.

Thanks for the plug!

• Members

I use the Planet Waves pedal board kit, it lets you make 5 custom legnth cables (with plenty of cable left over if you are just doing a pedalboard) and I haven't had any problems with the ones that I made. Concept is the same as George L's, just a diff. manufacturer.

• Members

Your website makes my engineering degree cry.
:cry:

Here's another plug for Bayou cables.
:thu:

Why is that? I have all the common brands - Mogami, Canare, Gepco, even George L's all reasonably priced...in fact the lowest you will find anyhwere..

And yes I have other brands as well...you obviously have not done any serious A/B'ing of multiple cable brands otherwise you would not have made that comment about your engineering degree - especially when I provide all of the technical data on EVERY cable openly...

• Moderators

I have zero problems with the range of products you carry. I also agree that your prices do not seem out of line with the market and may in fact be priced at the low end of the market.

You shouldn't make assumptions about me that you have no basis for making if you expect me to take you seriously.

Archived