Electronic Drums

Undead Sycip

• Members

Our drummer bought a set of Roland TD6 V-drums used for $1000, and I love them. It's the first time I've ever played with a drummer with an electric set, and I was suprised how real they sound, and how well they work with the band. I bought my little bro a new set of them last month, but new the TD6 would be over a grand. Still, great set.

• Members

If you are going to buy a set of electronic drums I Agree with L-1329 By all means Buy the Roland.you can get a TD-35V Compact for 995.00 from AMS they are a bit more pricey than the other brands but sound closer to acoustic drums than the other brands.

you would come out with a whole lot larger set of drums if you took that Gand, bought a set of acoustic drums Like a 7 piece set of Taye for 749.95 from MF type in 4455490 on the MF seaech browser:love: I bought a set from GC not long ago and they sound fantastic.

• Members

If you are going to buy a set of electronic drums I Agree with L-1329 By all means Buy the Roland.you can get a TD-35V Compact for 995.00 from AMS they are a bit more pricey than the other brands but sound closer to acoustic drums than the other brands.

you would come out with a whole lot larger set of drums if you took that Gand, bought a set of acoustic drums Like a 7 piece set of Taye for 749.95 from MF type in 4455490 on the MF seaech browser:love: I bought a set from GC not long ago and they sound fantastic.

In the interest of being a good neighbor and husband, acoustic sets are out of the question :o

My neighbor wasn't very happy when my 810 got delivered last year.

• Members

Go with a Roland they have the best module and and trigger pad system IMO especially the snare pad it so dam realist as far as feel goes i.e. if you hit the edge of the snare it sounds like the edge of snare or if you hit it soft it sounds soft. Our drummer uses a TD10 for live and studio and I own a TD6 which was used first but the drummer loved them so much he bought a set with a TD10 module. Plus your neighbors will appreciate you. Also when used for live application you don't need so much stage volume to cut thru the drummers blaring acoustic set. I do recommend when monitoring the Vdrums don't cheap out on monitor wedges a lot of floor wedges can't handle the low end of the V drums can dish out personally we use Yorkville 15 inch floor wedges which can handle the low end frequency quite well and like I wrote earlier you don't have to have waaay loud stage volume to compete with acoustic drums. Also from personal experience I had a set of Hart and Pintech's and I'm telling you Roland smokes their ass when it comes to the triggers also I had a Alesis DM pro module still again Roland kicked it ass so by all means go with Roland sure their a little more but in the end their the best.

• Members

I have the Roland V-PRO with the TD-20S.

you ain't gonna find that one for under $1000, and if you do I'll hate you for ever.

Anyway, the Roland V-drums, at all levels, sound way better than the Yamaha's or any other electroinc drums I have heard. Especially the cymbals.

The TD-6 is a great inexpensive unit. The Pintech triggers are also pretty inexpensive, especially used.

Here's my kit (except I added 3 more triggers..1 cymbal, 2 effect pads to trigger samplers or be a cowbell, etc):

495641.jpg

• Members

Well I just got back from GC to try these elec drums and yeah, even the lowest end of Roland's line blows everything else away. I'm thinking of the V drum Lite. It's perfect for my needs and is very compact. I still get the multi zone pads too.:thu:

504976.jpg

My budget's a bit short though so I gotta wait a bit.

• Members

Our drummer bought a set of Roland TD6 V-drums used for $1000, and I love them. It's the first time I've ever played with a drummer with an electric set, and I was suprised how real they sound, and how well they work with the band. I bought my little bro a new set of them last month, but new the TD6 would be over a grand. Still, great set.

+1. My brother bought a set of TD6s and he's playing them at almost every show now. They're friggin' awesome. The reduced volume level on stage is great and hot damn do they sound good recorded! He's already planning on getting the TD20s like Juggy's in the near future.

Archived