Whoops

fretless

• Members

I don't get it. What's the big deal? What am I missing here, this has never been done before? They were armed or the plane was armed. BIG difference. That said, even if the nukes were actually armed, so what?

Second, those B-52's are some of the coolest damned planes to ever take to the skies. :thu:

b52.jpg

b52_10.jpg

• Members

I don't get it. What's the big deal? What am I missing here, this has never been done before? They were armed or the plane was armed. BIG difference. That said, even if the nukes were actually armed, so what?

Second, those B-52's are some of the coolest damned planes to ever take to the skies.
:thu:

b52.jpg

b52_10.jpg

these guys dropped a couple of bombs too:D

800px-The_B-52%27s.JPG

• Members

I got it... we convince Bush that Canada has weapons of mass destruction, he'll launch a "full-scale invasion (seen way to many movies)" and we'll take all the credit.

We do have weapons of mass destruction - our beer carries a higher alcohol volume than yours does.:D

• Members

Let me explain cool. It really looks cool and as a bomber it is one BIG bad ass jet plane.

This plane has been in business since 1955 and it is expected to remain in the Air Force arsenal until 2050. That is one incredible investment. Can't say that about other military equipment, or any car for that matter. These guys were deliverng daisy cutters, J-Dams, and bunker busters over Afghanistan. It is amazing to me they still have an entire wing that's still going strong. :thu: :thu:

_1632521_b-52pa300.jpg

horizontal.jpg

daisyriders.jpg

:D:D

000-GBU-28-3A.jpg

• Members

Let me explain cool. It really looks cool and as a bomber it is one BIG bad ass jet plane.

Cool means being milled from titanium. Cool means speeds over M3.5. Cool means altitudes over 80,000 ft. Cool means covering every square inch of the enemy's homeland at will. By itself. Cool means bearing the initials K.J. Cool means preventing more crisis by it's very presense than 1000 B-52 bomb loads could ever hope to. That is how you explain cool.:evil:

• Members

Cool means being milled from titanium. Cool means speeds over M3.5. Cool means altitudes over 80,000 ft. Cool means covering every square inch of the enemy's homeland at will. By itself. Cool means bearing the initials K.J. Cool means preventing more crisis by it's very presense than 1000 B-52 bomb loads could ever hope to. That is how you explain cool.
:evil:

Cool also means a plane with a human being inside travelling at a speed substantially faster than the muzzle velocity of your average .30-06. Also being able to out-accelerate any surface-to-air missles fired at it for most of its service life - someone shoots at you, you just hit the throttle and wave goodbye.

:wave:

• Members

Cool also means a plane with a human being inside travelling at a speed substantially faster than the muzzle velocity of your average .30-06. Also being able to out-accelerate any surface-to-air missles fired at it for most of its service life - someone shoots at you, you just hit the throttle and wave goodbye.

:wave:

Word. The Russians developed nuclear SAM's so they wouldn't have to hit these things, just try to get in the vicinity and light off a nuke. Credit most of the to the Skunker's. And to add insult to injury, then enter stealth, which rendered nearly their entire defense investment and infrastructure worthless and was a major cause of their economic collapse. That is also cool. But yeah, a decades old obsolete and defenseless airframe carrying a bunch of bombs is cool too, I suppose.:D

Archived