Tell me about Vizio Tv's

B-Bottom

• Members

They're cheap. That's about all I know.

When it comes down to it, compare a bunch of TV's in the store and make sure you can live with the picture quality. As long as it has the connections/features you need and you can live with the picture quality, you should be happy, really. This is coming from the guy who yesterday was comparing the picture of a $6500 Pioneer plasma to a $3000 Sony LCD...

• Members

They're cheap. That's about all I know.

When it comes down to it, compare a bunch of TV's in the store and make sure you can live with the picture quality. As long as it has the connections/features you need and you can live with the picture quality, you should be happy, really.

I'm sure that's what I'll be doing. I'm just curious if they are built well. The company seems fairly new so I haven't heard much if the tv's are good for the long haul

• Members

I'm sure that's what I'll be doing. I'm just curious if they are built well. The company seems fairly new so I haven't heard much if the tv's are good for the long haul

In all honesty, there's only a handful of companies actually making the LCD or plasma panels you see in all TV's. As long as the warranty isn't totally crappy, I wouldn't worry too much. Vizio doesn't seem to be the bottom of the barrel, just a more bargain-oriented brand from what I've seen.

• Members

I was deciding b/w the Vizio and some panisonic or sony or something and i watched the reviews for both on cnet and they basically got the same reviews but vizio had more features and was $600 cheaper.

haven't had any problems at all plus I pick up digitals channels from the cable company without actually having a box. suck on that evil cable companies!!

• Members

Maybe
assemblers
would be more correcter. One article I read said that if you open the hood of a Vizio you'll find components from as many as five different big name manufacturers in there.

I wouldn't even think assemblers. I'd be surprised if they actually did anything other than design on the product itself.

And every electronic device will have components from many manufacturers, some big name, some not. Whether it be Samsung memory, a Sanyo processor, an NEC chip, etc.

• Members

I wouldn't even think assemblers. I'd be surprised if they actually did anything other than design on the product itself.

And every electronic device will have components from many manufacturers, some big name, some not. Whether it be Samsung memory, a Sanyo processor, an NEC chip, etc.

It's no different than Ford, GM and Chrysler are doing. The Mustang for example has so many foreign parts in it that it doesn't qualify by law as a domestic car.

• Members

I've had a 32" Vizio since last Christmas and I absolutely love it. I've never had a problem with it and for the money, it's a damn good buy, IMHO. Granted, I went from a $150 Wal-Mart special TV to the Vizio, so any picture would probably look good to me, but I've had friends with much more expensive flat screens comment on how good it looks. YMMV. :thu:

• Members

My Dad has a 50 inch Vizio and he's very happy with it, I thought the picture looked great to me, that's probably the one I'm gunna get too.

that's actually what I'm looking at buying. I went to pick it up tonight but I have to raise the limit on my debit card in order to purchase it.

I got the stand for it all put together and as soon as I'm through with this response I'll begin drilling the hole in the floor for it.

then tomorrow morning you'll find B-Bottom and one of his sidekicks heading out to Costco to pick it up.....oh yea!!! And just in time for Halo 3.

BOOYAAA!!!

• Members

Maybe
assemblers
would be more correcter. One article I read said that if you open the hood of a Vizio you'll find components from as many as five different big name manufacturers in there.

So what else is new? Curtis Mathes got away with this from the mid 70's till the mid 90's, and so did Magnavox!

• Members

My next TV is going to be a Vizio and I'm going to buy it at Costco. If you haven't ever returned something there you're in for a big surprise. It's akin to the policy at Nordstrom on their shoes. No worries, mate.

+1. We're in the market for a nice plasma to hang on the wall downstairs and it looks like it's gonna be a Vizio from Costco. As a matter of fact I'm gonna go check them out tonight. According the their website, Costco also ups the warranty to two years on them. :thu:

• Members

A friend of mine has a Vizio 32". I have a Samsung 32". I don't know the price difference, but I can definitely see the difference in picture quality. 1 Samsung picture seems sharper. 2. Samsung component input seems faster. 3. Samsung seems brighter.

Archived