Grossman is our starting quarterback...

Emprov

• Members

Hmmm....Not exactly the kind of turnaround I was hoping for on offense.

Devin Hester, you are ridiculous.

What Bill Simmons said on Thursday when he made his predictions:

LIONS (+3) over Bears

Put it this way: When your own fans are chanting "Griese! Griese!" for your backup, only it's 2007 and they're chanting for Brian instead of Bob, then you know you've colossally failed as a starting QB. Is Brian Griese the worst athlete who ever had his name chanted at a professional sporting event? He has to be right up there, correct? This was like 19,000 NBA fans chanting "Madsen! Madsen!" at the same time. Anyway, you beat this Lions team by throwing the ball on them and outscoring them ... and I'm not backing Brian Griese in a shootout. No, thanks.

:D

• Members

What Bill Simmons said on Thursday when he made his predictions:

LIONS (+3) over Bears

Put it this way: When your own fans are chanting "Griese! Griese!" for your backup, only it's 2007 and they're chanting for Brian instead of Bob, then you know you've colossally failed as a starting QB. Is Brian Griese the worst athlete who ever had his name chanted at a professional sporting event? He has to be right up there, correct? This was like 19,000 NBA fans chanting "Madsen! Madsen!" at the same time. Anyway, you beat this Lions team by throwing the ball on them and outscoring them ... and I'm not backing Brian Griese in a shootout. No, thanks.

:D

That is funny....and true. :cry:

• Moderators

Unlike Grossman, Griese at least established some rhythm with the offense as the game went on. I'm fairly confident he'll do better, yet I'm still hoping Orton is the starter next year. The real issue with the Bears is lack of the use of team speed. There was a play called for Mohammed to go deep. What? He's a possession receiver. That's when you bring Hester in to at least decoy the safeties, if not be the primary. Benson lacks any speed to get to the outside. Why did they draft Garrett Wolfe if the weren't going to play him? He has terrific speed. Mark Bradley? Best run after catch receiver there is on the Bears. Why wasn't he in the game plan? How many passes is Berrien going to drop? Gilmore couldn't catch a pass for a first down either. There are too many dropped passes. Griese's interceptions were the difference in this ball game, but he at least demonstrated the ability to distribute the ball to multiple receivers.

As far as who is evaluating the Bears' offensive talent, Jerry Angelo, obviously a better surveyor of defensive talent and Lovie Smith, a defensive coach. You can't count Ron Turner. While he is an excellent X & O guy, his lack of ability to evaluate talent properly is why it's taken Ron Zook 3 years at Illinois to start to turn that program around. Someone's got to be sharp enough on that coaching staff to teach the O line how to count off to 2 for a screen pass, get the right running back in and make sure the right personnel are in the game for the play call.

• Moderators
IMO our biggest problem is the O-Line. The recievers not making catches is a close second. A change was needed, simply for the sake of change, but the these problems were still there today.

I agree. The O-Line is pathetically disorganized. What do you think the problem is? I think the gameplans aren't focused enough so that there is no identity or cohesiveness. This problem took me by surprise. It's not like this is a new offensive line.

Archived