Further proof that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are windbags (as if we need more)...

King Kashue

• Members

Al, Jesse and their ilk's big secret agenda is to keep the black man down. By perpetuating the blacks as victims mentality amongst the community, they keep themselves relevant and most importantly, employed. AS and JJ's biggest fear would be racial harmony and equality.

Disgusting folks IMO.

It is but our nations press continue to give them legitamacy. The infer they are the representatives of the black race in this country and any of their actions are seen as the actions of the entire US black population. They have made them that way. O'Reily is the worst offender IMNSHO.

They also believe the latest NOW president, whoever that might be, represents all women of the US. The president of the NRA represents all gun owners in the US etc. and ad nauseum.

This too is truly disgusting.

• Members
... He gets up on a soapbox at every, and I mean *every* opportunity, but I've yet to see him actually *do* something helpful....

Not true! He promised to finance a college education for the victim of the North Carolina Three. Since it turns out that the black girl lied and the victims were the white North Carolina Three, he is financing their college educations. Isn't he?

:rolleyes:

There are two articles on the front page of the "regional" paper today. One story points out in detail how Jackson and Sharpton and Conyers, et al, are ramrodding legislation aimed at the Justice Department to somehow "correct" this situation. The second article, written locally and involving members of the local university, points out that the state judicial system had already started working, lessening the charges from attempted murder (which I personally thought were wrong), to throwing out the adult conviction of Bell...all without outside intervention. It provides an interesting point of view.

There is also (on the editorial page) a column by the local Red Cross director. Seems the Red Cross was there handing out tens of thousands of bottles of water, and it seems that many scores of people have been questioning WHY they should continue to donate money to the Red Cross "for emergencies" when they simply give stuff away at non-emergency events. Interesting twist.

BTW: Has anyone besides me seen the photos of one of the "Jena Six" posing for photos while playing with literally thousands of dollars (all hundred dollar bills)? He has no shirt, hat on sideways, lots of gold chains and teeth, and is biting maybe three thousand dollars while holding another good chunk of money in each hand. Another shows him sitting on a bed with maybe $10k in cash in his lap. People here wonder if that was his "defense" fund and why anyone would be stupid enough to pose with it. The guy lives in Texas now, nowhere close to Jena.

• Members

BTW: Has anyone besides me seen the photos of one of the "Jena Six" posing for photos while playing with literally thousands of dollars (all hundred dollar bills)? He has no shirt, hat on sideways, lots of gold chains and teeth, and is biting maybe three thousand dollars while holding another good chunk of money in each hand. Another shows him sitting on a bed with maybe $10k in cash in his lap. People here wonder if that was his "defense" fund and why anyone would be stupid enough to pose with it. The guy lives in Texas now, nowhere close to Jena.

No I haven't seen this but it isn't surprising.

I never did hear any apologies from JJ nor AS concerning the Duke rape case or the Tyrannah Brawley (sp?) case. Why not? You know, they might have a bit more credibility if they did make some kind of public ammends.

Currently what they do is feather their own nests the best and any way they can. They are much the same as any of our current politicians.

Personally I think they should have been charged with attempted murder and a hate crime. So should some of those white boys who tried the same things.

• Members
Personally I think they should have been charged with attempted murder and a hate crime. So should some of those white boys who tried the same things.

You and I agree on a lot of things, but we differ here. I am a high school ass't principal, and I feel that charging them with a hate crime would certainly be fine, but charging them with attempted murder was excessive. I have seen many fights firsthand, broken up many dozens of fights firsthand, and seen multipe-on-one fights many times. Still, you are looking at (then) 14-, 15-, and 16-year old kids. Bell had been convicted on four felony counts already and was on probation for them, all aggressive acts. He remained in jail until the courts ruled that he should not be tried as an adult (to which I agree) and was released when the D.A. decided not to appeal that decision. He will still face up to three years in prison due to his prior convictions and age. He will probably get at least two years. Nothing illegal, nothing immoral, nothing racist about that.

I noticed that one parent and one step-sister of one of the "Jena Six" was invited to speak before the black caucus.....wonder why they didn't invite one of the "Jena Six?" And, just where are these parents? If MY child had been arrested for a violent act, I firmly believe that I could have stopped it. There would never have been a second arrest, nor a third, nor a fourth, nor a fifth. There would never have been four felony convictions prior to this event. Where were the parents? Why didn't the parents do their jobs raising and reeling in their kids?

Still, the black caucus is asking our maiden Governor to pardon Bell. :freak: She is goofy enough to do it, too.

The ones I feel sorry for the most are the townspeople of Jena. They have been painted to be a highly racist, divided community, full of hate and spite. They are not. It is the same press that paints Clinton to be the best prez of all time, and same press that paints Hillary to be our saviour. And, they always find that one, solitary redneck who came to town on his yearly trip for supplies to interview on national television. :rolleyes: You know the one...one good tooth in front...slow talking...... The people of Jena are nothing like that.

BTW: For the record, those "hate crime" church burnings that Clinton was so worked up about.....the majority of them were arson...by a black churchmember or a black deacon or even a black minister who wanted to collect the insurance money to rebuild. A little known fact that didn't fit in with the Democratic press, so it wasn't made public nearly as loudly as when they decided it was a white guy burning down black churches.

• CMS Author

Still, you are looking at (then) 14-, 15-, and 16-year old kids. Bell had been convicted on four felony counts already and was on probation for them, all aggressive acts. He remained in jail until the courts ruled that he should not be tried as an adult (to which I agree) and was released when the D.A. decided not to appeal that decision.

Just curious; why do you think someone with 4 felony convictions should be tried as a juvenile?

• Members

I think that douche should definitely be tried as an adult, and I think it's a shame he gets to go through juvenile court instead. In many states he'd be automatically waived into adult court with a record like that.

RaceCard.jpg

• Members
You and I agree on a lot of things, but we differ here. I am a high school ass't principal, and I feel that charging them with a hate crime would certainly be fine, but charging them with attempted murder was excessive. I have seen many fights firsthand, broken up many dozens of fights firsthand, and seen multipe-on-one fights many times. Still, you are looking at (then) 14-, 15-, and 16-year old kids. Bell had been convicted on four felony counts already and was on probation for them, all aggressive acts. He remained in jail until the courts ruled that he should not be tried as an adult (to which I agree) and was released when the D.A. decided not to appeal that decision. He will still face up to three years in prison due to his prior convictions and age. He will probably get at least two years. Nothing illegal, nothing immoral, nothing racist about that.

I noticed that one parent and one step-sister of one of the "Jena Six" was invited to speak before the black caucus.....wonder why they didn't invite one of the "Jena Six?" And, just where are these parents? If MY child had been arrested for a violent act, I firmly believe that I could have stopped it. There would never have been a second arrest, nor a third, nor a fourth, nor a fifth. There would never have been four felony convictions prior to this event. Where were the parents? Why didn't the parents do their jobs raising and reeling in their kids?

Still, the black caucus is asking our maiden Governor to pardon Bell.
:freak:
She is goofy enough to do it, too.

The ones I feel sorry for the most are the townspeople of Jena. They have been painted to be a highly racist, divided community, full of hate and spite. They are not. It is the same press that paints Clinton to be the best prez of all time, and same press that paints Hillary to be our saviour. And, they always find that one, solitary redneck who came to town on his yearly trip for supplies to interview on national television.
:rolleyes:
You know the one...one good tooth in front...slow talking...... The people of Jena are nothing like that.

BTW: For the record, those "hate crime" church burnings that Clinton was so worked up about.....the majority of them were arson...by a black churchmember or a black deacon or even a black minister who wanted to collect the insurance money to rebuild. A little known fact that didn't fit in with the Democratic press, so it wasn't made public nearly as loudly as when they decided it was a white guy burning down black churches.

I understand where you're coming from with regard to the parents. Absolutely.

But I have to concur with Craigv. Why do you believe Bell should be tried as a juvinile, given his violent history? There is only so much a parent or set of them can do. Given his violent history makes me believe he has more in his future, wherever he may be.

From this guys perspective I would put money on it being attempted murder.

When did we start to teach our kids to be cowards?

I also agree with you about the church burnings. The only reason the press didn't whoop it up is because they weren't white.

It is my firm belief that the press often times goes the extra mile to make things worse. How about the alledged Atlanta bomber? Sorry, I can't recall his name but they ruined his life.

• Members

From this guys perspective I would put money on it being attempted murder.

The kid was released from hospital later that evening and he didn't look busted up at all. It was a typical schoolyard beatdown. I've seen first-hand what damage bare fists and shoed feet can do to someone. If it was attempted murder then he'd have been in a far worse state.

My opinion is that they should be expelled and charged with assault and battery. The kid with the four prior convictions deserves a proper lesson.

It was a hate crime, but not attempted murder. I very much doubt that at any time, they intended to kill that kid.

• Members

The kid was released from hospital later that evening and he didn't look busted up at all.

You mean other than the fact his eye was swollen shut for multiple weeks?

I agree that it's not attempted murder but rather aggravated assault, however he went unconscious, suffered a concussion, and his eye wouldn't have sight in it for three weeks...That pretty well fits my definition of "busted up"...

• Members

You mean
other
than the fact his eye was swollen shut for multiple weeks?

I agree that it's not attempted murder but rather aggravated assault, however he went unconscious, suffered a concussion, and his eye wouldn't have sight in it for three weeks...That pretty well fits my definition of "busted up"...

:o my bad, saw a picture of him before the beating.

But my point is, I've seen people get worse beatings at football matches here and no one ever got charged with attempted murder.

• Members

But my point is, I've seen people get worse beatings at football matches here and no one ever got charged with attempted murder.

What the heck kind of football games do you have in Cyprus? Whether you're talking about American football or soccer, I've never seen someone purposefully beaten unconscious and losing eyesight in one eye for weeks. I think that's the point. Those are accidents. People get injured far more seriously in car accidents. What happened to that kid was deliberate with malicious intent. It was certainly no accident.

• Members

What the heck kind of football games do you have in Cyprus? Whether you're talking about American football or soccer, I've never seen someone purposefully beaten unconscious and losing eyesight in one eye for weeks. I think that's the point. Those are
accidents
. People get injured far more seriously in car
accidents
. What happened to that kid was deliberate with malicious intent. It was certainly no accident.

However, if they had wanted to kill him, they easily could have. Six of them, and he went unconscious, it would have been a simple matter to stomp him into oblivion.

It was aggravated assault, not attempted murder.

As for football matches, there are multiple deaths per year at football brawls/riots in both South America and Europe.

• Members
However, if they had wanted to kill him, they easily could have. Six of them, and he went unconscious, it would have been a simple matter to stomp him into oblivion.

It was aggravated assault, not attempted murder.

As for football matches, there are multiple deaths per year at football brawls/riots in both South America and Europe.

Oh, I thought he meant within the games themselves. Yeah, I've seen some pretty horrible pictures of people getting crushed against fences by oncoming crowds and killed at soccer events. :cry:

I do agree that it was aggravated assault, not attempted murder. In my opinion however, they should be tried as adults.

I know prison rules are different, but here in MN correctional institutions, they can charge an inmate with attempted murder if he/she uses any type of "deadly force" attack, such as closed fisted punches to the head/heck/genitals, etc. Lesson: don't ever get sent to prison.

• Members

The kid was released from hospital later that evening and he didn't look busted up at all. It was a typical schoolyard beatdown. I've seen first-hand what damage bare fists and shoed feet can do to someone. If it was attempted murder then he'd have been in a far worse state.

My opinion is that they should be expelled and charged with assault and battery. The kid with the four prior convictions deserves a proper lesson.

It was a hate crime, but not attempted murder. I very much doubt that at any time, they intended to kill that kid.

I was referring to it being his intent not the legal action, I understand that. This kid is violent, he has a history. Expulsion will do nothing although I agree if it happened on school grounds.

He has a violent history and everyone in the ciminal 'justice' system down plays this description and deals will be made. After all, they let far worse out of jail every day. Then a significant number of them commit more violent crimes. This isn't racial it is fact these perpetrators will offend again and maybe next time someone dies.

• CMS Author

But I have to concur with Craigv. Why do you believe Bell should be tried as a juvinile, given his violent history? There is only so much a parent or set of them can do. Given his violent history makes me believe he has more in his future, wherever he may be.

Hang on....I was asking a question. I haven't really formed an opinion on this, and was looking for more info/opinion.

• Members

There was a guy on Hannity last night who insisted on linking the beating to the nooses being hung 3 months prior. Why are supposedly educated people making themselves look stupid by insisting on this? As if it's OK the beating took place because some other kids hung nooses 3 months before. The kid that got beat up had nothing to do with the nooses. All the law enforcement people, white or black, agree that the two are unrelated.

• Members

Sorry...I went to bed early.

He was 16 years old at the time. J. says that in many states he would be sent into adult court. Also, in many states, no 16 year old would be tried as an adult of anything short of murder. This was short of murder.

The nooses were hung by the rodeo team, and they were suspended and recommended for expulsion by the principal. The school board overruled the recommendation. They served several weeks in suspension and were forced to attend "anger management" courses (for lack of a better word). The nooses were hung months before any fights. Also, the tree was planted in 1985 (by the school principal), and was NOT around during forced intergration (1969) as indicated in the news reports.

I totally disagree with playing the race card, I totally disagree that the six are victims, and I totally disagree with asking the governor to pardon Bell. :freak: Except for the few you have seen on television, most of the people in and around Jena are doing fine, and the "Jena Six" was not even a topic of discussion. The press did that.

• Members
What the heck kind of football games do you have in Cyprus? Whether you're talking about American football or soccer, I've never seen someone purposefully beaten unconscious and losing eyesight in one eye for weeks. I think that's the point. Those are
accidents
. People get injured far more seriously in car
accidents
. What happened to that kid was deliberate with malicious intent. It was certainly no accident.

I think I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about crowd incidents, not things that happen on the pitch.

Trust me, the things that go on here at football matches certainly are not accidents. Crowd violence has been a problem for as long as I can remember, it's sort of traditional. It's the same in Greece, Turkey, Lebanon and southern Italy... basically all Eastern Mediterranean types are crazy :D The intensity of the team rivalries is incredible, because many teams have political affiliations (yup, we have left-wing and right-wing teams) so yeah. It gets ugly. Imagine a Yankees-Red Sox type rivalry, to the power of about 50.

However, in the several incidents I've witnessed, I don't ever recall any of them being cited as attempted murder. And I'm talking about people being put in hospital, being seriously injured.

Yes, it was a deliberate beating on that kid. You can't (despite my cousin still insisting after all these years) really accidentally beat someone up can you?

The point is, do you honestly believe they wanted to kill him? 'Attempted murder' implies that it was premeditated and planned and they fully intended to kill their victim. I do not think any of those is valid in this case. If they wanted to kill him, how difficult would it have been to get their hands on some 2x4s or iron bars? Hell, almost anything, a big rock lying nearby or a brick or whatever.

I think they should be expelled and charged with assault. Was it a racially-motivated attack? Certainly. Should it be handled in a different manner? I guess so, but then again I don't know what the usual handling for racially-motivated incidents is in that part of America or indeed if they are treated in a different way from 'ordinary' incidents so you could probably answer that better than me.

Charging them with attempted murder is just stupid however. If it was a bunch of white kids who beat him up to exactly the same degree, do you think they'd be charged with attempted murder? (and I'm pretty sure that's feasible. Let's assume he said something about their mothers or whatever).

I think that's the heart of the issue. It was a racially motivated attack, and it was a racially-motivated charge.

• Members
I think I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about crowd incidents, not things that happen on the pitch.

Trust me, the things that go on here at football matches certainly are not accidents. Crowd violence has been a problem for as long as I can remember, it's sort of traditional. It's the same in Greece, Turkey, Lebanon and southern Italy... basically all Eastern Mediterranean types are crazy
:D
The intensity of the team rivalries is incredible, because many teams have political affiliations (yup, we have left-wing and right-wing teams) so yeah. It gets ugly. Imagine a Yankees-Red Sox type rivalry, to the power of about 50.

However, in the several incidents I've witnessed, I don't ever recall any of them being cited as attempted murder. And I'm talking about people being put in hospital, being seriously injured.

Yes, it was a deliberate beating on that kid. You can't (despite my cousin still insisting after all these years) really accidentally beat someone up can you?

The point is, do you honestly believe they wanted to kill him? 'Attempted murder' implies that it was premeditated and planned and they fully intended to kill their victim. I do not think any of those is valid in this case. If they wanted to kill him, how difficult would it have been to get their hands on some 2x4s or iron bars? Hell, almost anything, a big rock lying nearby or a brick or whatever.

I think they should be expelled and charged with assault. Was it a racially-motivated attack? Certainly. Should it be handled in a different manner? I guess so, but then again I don't know what the usual handling for racially-motivated incidents is in that part of America or indeed if they are treated in a different way from 'ordinary' incidents so you could probably answer that better than me.

Charging them with attempted murder is just stupid however. If it was a bunch of white kids who beat him up to exactly the same degree, do you think they'd be charged with attempted murder? (and I'm pretty sure that's feasible. Let's assume he said something about their mothers or whatever).

I think that's the heart of the issue. It was a racially motivated attack, and it was a racially-motivated charge.

Without knowing this DA's history it's really hard to tell. I've seen lots of "up" charges (one level higher than the probabble truth) used as a bargining chip, i.e. they will drop this to agg assault as part of a plea bargin. An not neccessarily based on race, that's just a media asumption at this point. The DA's whole history would have to be looked at.

• Members
I think the point was that Sharpton and Jackson make a lot of noise about the poor down trodden black man and how black folks can't get any justice, but do they honestly care? {censored} no, they leave the guy sitting in jail.

I thought it was 6 white kids who beat up a black boy? Man am I behind... :confused:

Archived