OT: Quite possibly the greatest comic ever.......

Funkee1

• Members

bg, they just don't understand the Classics.

"We has met the enemy and he is us"

Say hi to Ma'm Hepzibah, Coon Dog, Albert, Churchy, Howland Owl, Pup-dog, Pogo Possum and the gang for me. I haven't visited in a few years, but I'm packing my bags right now. Time to jump aboard the "City of Memphis" (or whatever the boat is named this frame) and head to the swamp.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Members

Pogo was great.

But I have to throw it in for Calvin and Hobbes. That comic was absolute genius. Funny, the drawings were perfect, the whole premise was just...incredible. The Spaceman Spiff stuff....man, it cracks me up.

I think that's the greatest newspaper funny of all time.

• Members

The
two
"greatest comics":

Get Your War On

Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman

I think I actually have a few issues if Reid Flemming...

If you want to check out some great comics that are out now look into Elephantmen and The Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead is by far the best Zombie story I've ever read. If you do want to check it out pick up the graphic novels and start from the begining. Otherwise you'll be lost.

Elephantmen has the best art out there right now. And the Story is very fresh and creative.

• Members

Nothing compares to...

calvintree.gif

sure it's not as political, but there are great lessons in so many of them. The humor is subtle. I loved it when I was 10. I love it now. I'll love it when I'm 50.

+1 I just bought a Calvin compilation book.... for my 7 year old son of course. ;)

• Members

Pogo was great.

But I have to throw it in for Calvin and Hobbes. That comic was absolute genius. Funny, the drawings were perfect, the whole premise was just...incredible. The Spaceman Spiff stuff....man, it cracks me up.

I think that's the greatest newspaper funny of all time.

I agree, with Sherman's Lagoon being a nice runner up.

sherman_panel.gif

Archived