new bass day!!!! (ripper content)

Guttermouth

• Members

so you guys feel free to hate me but, this came in today :

wallfront.jpg

bodywall.jpg

it's a 76 ripper and it's in waaay better shape than i anticipated. plays like butter ,has tons of great sounds and is just all around awesome.there's no crack or breaks or any weirdness, and the action is super low.

it's got a couple of little issues though. the biggest being that someone painted the back of it and then tried to remove the paint (and didn't get it all off). it is also missing the ferrules for the back as well.

paintferrules.jpg

the pickguard is a replacement and the pickups are missing the height adjustment screws. i'll have to pull the pickguard and put in adjustment screws.

i may have also devised a plan to get the rest of the paint off without hurting the original finish and the ferrules are on the way :)

here's a quickie little clip -the right side is the kustom k150 > avatar 212>sennheiser md421 and the left is direct running through the showman pre i built :

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5911030&q=hi

and here's a couple of more pics for you to browse while you listen to the clip (how's that for nbd service??) :)

gibsons.jpg

kustomstack.jpg

gtrwall.jpg

oh,

and everything was recorded with "commodity" cables that i built myself.................

:)

• Members

i want a ripper too dude! those sound amazing!!! but i want one of those with the 3 pickups!

it sounds freaking great. i haven't played one in years and had forgotten

how growly they were.the amount of different tones you can get out of it with the varitone and dual tones is almost mind boggling :thu:

• Moderators

it sounds freaking great. i haven't played one in years and had forgotten

how growly they were.the amount of different tones you can get out of it with the varitone and dual tones is almost mind boggling
:thu:

Not to obscure the inherent tone, but it begs for serious overdrive.

Archived