My 2nd Genz-Benz Experience

Gruntollio Bass

• Members

You got yourself a deal there! Cept I think it'd hardly be fair, my little humble 410 vs your two massive 410's of doom
:p
. Maybe if I pull my head in and get this Bergantino 610 cab I've been gassing for I might give you a run for your money
;)

Yeah I dunno, I've found personally that their cabs have a particular "sound", I really can't describe it any other way, other than if you A/B'd your XLT against my XB-2 with my 1200, you'd hear a significant difference. That said, I actually like how Eden cabs sound, and I may own some someday, but we'll see. You have a pretty sweet rig though man, so its hard to compete sometimes when you have something like that that you know and love....

It's no problem mate. When I come up to Brissy, I'd rather fly than drive so I'm sure going through your rig will be fine particularly when you know how to drive the bloody thing!;)

But if you happen to get that bergie 610 beforehand, you'll get no complaints from me! :thu:

And yes if you come and play my rig you will be converted to Edenism for good! :p:poke: :cop:

I think the difference in cab sound is mostly due to the porting design. The XLT is completely different to the XB so that is probably where the main difference lies.

• Members

Congratulations:thu:! Mine came today but I won't be able to test it till thursday probably. Let us know when you get it!

Dan

Dan, I only spent all that money so I could post in all the Genz Benz threads;). I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Mike

• Members

It's no problem mate. When I come up to Brissy, I'd rather fly than drive so I'm sure going through your rig will be fine particularly when you know how to drive the bloody thing!
;)
But if you happen to get that bergie 610 beforehand, you'll get no complaints from me!
:thu:

And yes if you come and play my rig you will be converted to Edenism for good!
:p
:poke:
:cop:

I think the difference in cab sound is mostly due to the porting design. The XLT is completely different to the XB so that is probably where the main difference lies.

Haha after catphish's nightmare stories, I don't think I'll ever be an Edenite, not after seeing how well the Genz boys look after their paying customers :thu:

• Moderators

Gruntollio's posting was not against Genz Benz. If everyone reads it closely, after setting everything flat a little bit of minor tweaking got him a tone that was pleasing. The issue was a mismatched product to the venue. His review also goes on to suggest that he can see why people would like Genz Benz, but it just isn't for him. As an addition, he stated that he would like to try the 750 as it would have probably been a better match. How is that a negative review? That's like me saying that I played a Peavey Cirrus last night and I couldn't quite get what I needed out of it with my setup, but it plays nicely and is built very well. I can see why many people like the Cirrus, but it just isn't for me. How is that negative?

There's a ton of owners of this cab that I'm sure would be able to describe it for you.

As far as the tonal characteristics of the GB Neox-212T for the most part it is even and clear across the audio spectrum although to my ears it is aggressive somewhere around 1.2k - 1.5k to cut through. It definitely is not mid-scooped or too bassy as some cabinets can be. It is articulate without sounding hi-fi. GREAT cabinet!!

Archived