So, a house across the street from my parents was the target of a home invasion

bikehorn

• Members
Massad Ayoob (cop and self defense instructor) teaches cops that the danger zone is up to 20 feet. Still, once someone has the drop on you and you are pretty sure that he only wants your stuff, it's best to just give it up. Now if you think he's gunna kill you anyway, then yeah rush the scumbag and make him leak.

20 feet if the guy is trained with the weapons. I'd shoot someone at 30 feet if he was charging me with a knife in his hand. :D
As far as the 10 foot idea, Optimus, even with brass knuckles, you have one chance to knock the gunman out with one punch. If you don't connect square, you're gonna get shot, and you'll probably get shot even if you do. And knives are incredibly difficult to aim, moreso than you'd think. You might stab him square in the chest, and puncture his lung, but you can still shoot a gun with that wound. Don't take knives or brass knuckles to a gunfight.:idea:
C7

• Members
2As far as the 10 foot idea, Optimus, even with brass knuckles, you have one chance to knock the gunman out with one punch. If you don't connect square, you're gonna get shot, and you'll probably get shot even if you do. And knives are incredibly difficult to aim, moreso than you'd think. You might stab him square in the chest, and puncture his lung, but you can still shoot a gun with that wound. Don't take knives or brass knuckles to a gunfight.
:idea:
C7

It's not like I live in the ghetto, no one has ever been robbed in my hood. Other than my bass and effects there is not a damn thing to take in my house, it's not that we are poor, but we don't have a nice TV, or stereo or computer. I'd just let the guy take it, I don't want to get shot in my own house. I have the knife and knuckles because they were like $10 each and I'm stupid and bought them.

• Members

It's not like I live in the ghetto, no one has ever been robbed in my hood. Other than my bass and effects there is not a damn thing to take in my house, it's not that we are poor, but we don't have a nice TV, or stereo or computer. I'd just let the guy take it, I don't want to get shot in my own house. I have the knife and knuckles because they were like $10 each and I'm stupid and bought them.

Yeah, getting shot would suck, no sense in playing badassmofo if you don't have to.

Although, there were some people in town here from Nebraska to see a show in a bad 'hood earlier this year, and they got robbed at gunpoint at the light rail station. They gave the robbers all of their valuables without a struggle, and the robbers still shot them. They all lived, thankfully, but it proves that you never know...

C7

• Members

I'd let them go for it, but, seeing as I have a rather strong sense of "Mine is mine", if they let their guards down, I'd do something stupid. Notice "Stupid" not "Successful".

I'd like a couple of sets of nice, fitted knucks.

• Members
I'd like a couple of sets of nice, fitted knucks.

Honestly, I think you'd feel really bad after you punched someone in the face with brass knuckles in a regular fight. Unless you're trying to mutilate someone, they're pretty ruthless to use.
The most brewtal part isn't the bar across your knuckles, it's the little bonker that sticks out past your pinky. BONK!!:D
C7

• Members

I meant the family. They are a bunch of trashbags who are disruptive to the neighbourhood by leaving their crap all over the place, blocking the street, letting their dog run all over the place, a whole bunch of other crap and now this dumbass kid went and pissed some other dumbasses off enough to have them breaking and entering, and threatening people with knives right across the street from me. He's
bringing
his crap to a place where it previously wasn't. Who the hell knows what else they'll do and when they'll come back? Maybe with more homies? He's not about to magically change either so I'm pretty sure I can count on more dumb crap involving him and his homeboys happening. The parents caused this by giving the kid, shall we say all cheques and no balances. They are constantly loading him up with cash to go do stupid {censored} and live out his rap video dreams, and the chickens are coming home to roost now.

I hope the kid gets some sense beaten into him...by his parents or otherwise.

I would think that rule Numero Uno for any theif is "Dont {censored} where you eat"...With that said, breaking into a neighbors house is one of the stupidest choices this deuchebag can make....................

• Members

I would think that rule Numero Uno for any theif is "Dont {censored} where you eat"...With that said, breaking into a neighbors house is one of the stupidest choices this deuchebag can make....................

Speaing of this, the safest street in my suburb is the one with the bikies (Bikers) clubhouse on it, no one and I mean no one commits a crime on that street. once the bikies get off it though it a different story, one of Aunt's neighbours was killed by them, one side of hi face was completely smashed in, they killed him and got away in about 2 minutes.

• Members
Honestly, I think you'd feel really bad after you punched someone in the face with brass knuckles in a regular fight. Unless you're trying to mutilate someone, they're pretty ruthless to use.

The most brewtal part isn't the bar across your knuckles, it's the little bonker that sticks out past your pinky. BONK!!
:D
C7

If you hit at an angle apparantly they wont break you. I've never hit anything with them so I can't say that for sure.

• Members

best weapon for home defense - .410 pump shotgun loaded every other round wih #6 and slugs. After 6 rounds of that at typical room distance of 6 to 10 ft. the bad guy will exit, stage dead. Larger gauges will just blow out your eardrums and leave you stone deaf and unable to hear anything.

I love to read bout so called defense experts that want you to buy some huge caliber handgun that would take you months to master on a range with earplugs. :mad:

shotgun vs. handgun inside a house - shotgun will win everytime. Most crooks cant shoot worth a damn. good shotgunner vs. typical crook/hood with automatic weapon that sprays - shotgunner pownzorz the hood.

• Members

The most brewtal part isn't the bar across your knuckles, it's the little bonker that sticks out past your pinky. BONK!!
:D
C7

Oh, if someone is here under that pretense, I plan on mangling them to the highest extent of my ability. Preferably until I give out. I've got this thing about respect, and, if you're stealing my {censored}, you're really not giving me basic human respect. :p

• Members
best weapon for home defense - .410 pump shotgun loaded every other round wih #6 and slugs. After 6 rounds of that at typical room distance of 6 to 10 ft. the bad guy will exit, stage dead. Larger gauges will just blow out your eardrums and leave you stone deaf and unable to hear anything.

I love to read bout so called defense experts that want you to buy some huge caliber handgun that would take you months to master on a range with earplugs.
:mad:

shotgun vs. handgun inside a house - shotgun will win everytime. Most crooks cant shoot worth a damn. good shotgunner vs. typical crook/hood with automatic weapon that sprays - shotgunner pownzorz the hood.

The thing I don't understand is why .410 shells are so much more expensive than 12 gauge shells. Is it just because 12 gauges are more popular, bringing the price of the ammo down?

As far as handguns go, I'd probably use a .40 cal or a 9mm. I know what you mean about the large calibers though - some guy somewhere probably has a .50 cal desert eagle or a .44 magnum he's never shot under his bed just in case.

• Members

best weapon for home defense - .410 pump shotgun loaded every other round wih #6 and slugs. After
rounds of that at typical room distance of 6 to 10 ft. the bad guy will exit, stage dead.

What if I want him to drop NOW and not 6 rounds later?

20 is the smallest serious shotgun gauge I would consider. Then I will practice with it.

None of the credentialed self defense experts simply advocate a large caliber handgun. They all recommend the biggest you can control and then you practice with it by going to tactical style matches and schools like Gunsite or Thunderanch. Anyone who says anything else is not an expert.

• Members

We have a .22 rifle, but I don't think my dad has fired it at least 18 or 20 years. He didn't exactly buy it for self defense purposes and I guess you could say we aren't really gun people. I guess if we had a home invasion, that might change...

• Members

None of the credentialed self defense experts simply advocate a large caliber handgun.

yes, but for every one of them, there are 10 Dirty Harry wannabes. The general public doesnt know the rambos from the normal guys.

a 20 gauge is good for an experienced playa, but a .410 is much better for those with children or small wives. They're not afraid of the gun and thats really important. Even a small child can master a .410. Any .410 with better than a #6 3"load is going to really {censored} up a bad guy at 10 ft. If he doesnt stop, then you take him out with the slug.

of course, it's all opinions. mine is that a pump .410 loaded the right way will penetrate less walls ( might be important), not blow out your hearing, and be just as lethal to the bad guy. It's th best home defense combo all things considered. ( sez me)

• Members

The dog just barks at everything and {censored}s on random people's lawns/driveways. No amount of complaining ever did anything, so my neighbour called the SPCA on their ass. Nobody saw the dog for a while, but he made a comeback, and he still runs around leashless.

Call animal control again if it bugs you that much

I get the impression that suddenly they came into a lot of money(inheritance? lottery? maybe even just hard work)

Selling Drugs perhaps?

This 17 year old kid thinks he lives in a rap video. He is blinged out to the max, walks like you would expect someone with their pants falling off would, and tries his hardest to fit the image of a stereotype "latino gangster", and he even wear a do-rag to check the mailbox down the street. He stands in his garage and blares gangsta rap loud enough to be heard streets over, for which they've had noise complaints before. They've got three Cadillacs...an Escalade, a late 90's Deville, and a clunky mid 80's Fleetwood that recently was converted into.... his personal {censored}ing lowrider. Now it has a metallic teal paint job with pinstripes and flames, and a hydraulic setup. He stands in front of his house just bouncing the car, or driving around bouncing it, or hanging out in front of a nearby convenience store bouncing his car some more while blasting Ja Rule. I'm not even kidding. Ja {censored}ing Rule. Most of the time when he's not driving it, it leaks a river of oil and is often up on jacks.

I hate to judge people, but im with you on this, disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I picture you living in a nice suburban neighborhood to.

I mean one time I was buying popsicles for my nieces from an ice cream truck that comes by my house, and this dude was talking to the ice cream guy about buying Rolexes off of him. Where the {censored} does this douchenozzle monkey get the cash to buy a Rolex?

Drugs ever cross your mind?

• Members

if it bugs you that much

Selling Drugs perhaps?

I hate to judge people, but im with you on this, disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I picture you living in a nice suburban neighborhood to.

Drugs ever cross your mind?

I haven't been home in a month or so, but if I see that stupid dog the next time I do go home, I'll call animal control or bylaw enforcement again...if I don't have the patience to dye his fur neon green and pink.

The neighbourhood is one of those "nice suburban neighbourhood" things. Actually, I hate suburbia because it's so boring, but at least there usually aren't things like this going on. This kid's house is 3400 square feet, it's not a shack by any means and most people on the street are professionals of some kind or business types. They don't act like idiots to their neighbours.

I previously never really considered the possibility of this guy selling drugs(maybe because I thought he was too dumb), but I don't often hear about vengeance in weed-moving circles except for people who deal in mega quantities, so I would suspect that if he was selling drugs, he'd have to be moving harder stuff than weed. Which means I'm going to be super pissed if it turns out there's a coke dealer across the street!!!! :mad:

• Members

I haven't been home in a month or so, but if I see that stupid dog the next time I do go home, I'll call animal control or bylaw enforcement again...if I don't have the patience to dye his fur neon green and pink.

The neighbourhood is one of those "nice suburban neighbourhood" things. Actually, I hate suburbia because it's so boring, but at least there usually aren't things like this going on. This kid's house is 3400 square feet, it's not a shack by any means and most people on the street are professionals of some kind or business types. They don't act like idiots to their neighbours.

I previously never really considered the possibility of this guy selling drugs(maybe because I thought he was too dumb), but I don't often hear about vengeance in weed-moving circles except for people who deal in mega quantities, so I would suspect that if he was selling drugs, he'd have to be moving harder stuff than weed. Which means I'm going to be super pissed if it turns out there's a coke dealer across the street!!!!
:mad:

i only say drugs, their are some really shady weed dealers where i work, not the nice hippy chill type liek in my town. angry ass looking vatos with prison tats, white trash, wiggers, but mostly shady looking fellows with the occasional hippy but I brring up drugs because the business next to us deals mass quantities on the side im pretty convinced(their a hydroponics dealer, suprise suprise) weve even had break ins because of it. The cops in the town dont even give a {censored} anyway cause im pretty sure they know about it and just dont care.

The family who own the business kinda keep to themselves, but they dont even show up to their own work till like 2 in the afternoon, they dont have to, the owner one of those big ol SUV trucks and really nice {censored} so they arent lacking

Archived