(rare on topic thread by JM5) how often do you have to re setup your main axe?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Or make adjustments to the neck, intonation etc.:confused:

My tribute l2000 seems to be pretty stable but now that the weather is getting cooler i need to make some minor adjustments to bring it back to the way i like it.

My backup(tbc) is in need of some Major work because ive never set it up.

Looks like ive got something to do tomorrow:idea::cool:

• Members

I've been tweaking the Alembic every couple of weeks from a bridge perspective as I get used to the way it plays and develop my preferences for it. I haven't touched the truss rod yet.

The Daion generally needs tweaked with the change in seasons.

The Fender hasn't been with me long enough for me to learn its quirks.

• Members

Or make adjustments to the neck, intonation etc.
:confused:

My tribute l2000 seems to be pretty stable but now that the weather is getting cooler i need to make some minor adjustments to bring it back to the way i like it.

My backup(tbc) is in need of some Major work because ive never set it up.

Looks like ive got something to do tomorrow:idea:
:cool:

I set mine up each time I install strings.

I will also check and tweak the setup when I loosen the strings to clean the neck or replace a nut.

I check the neck nearly every time I pick it up.

• Members

Funny thing about that is my bass teacher's jazz did that to him one day. I had been there a week prior, but we had a SEVERE weather change, and his jazz bass was rendered totally unplayed from teh hot to cold shift.

What did he do, leave it outside??

• Members

I have been tweaking mine a lot because I have just begone discovering what kinds of setups I like, and I've been switching strings, messing with the tremolo, etc., trying to find my own sweet spots for playability.

I have one guitar set up for chord play and bending, and another set up for speed playing.

I'm curious as to how much I'll need to tweak them in the future, cause the weather does change a lot over the seasons here (I'm in Denmark so we go from heat to snowfall).

• Members

I haven't tweaked the Yamaha for a year or so now. When I get my L2K, I'm going to change strings on both, clean them with some gorgomite I bough, and do a full setup on each of them. I'm going to test a new brand and gauge of strings, so the Yamaha will need some tweaking anyway. It's getting cold and dry here as well.

• Members

Never. We have mild weather all the time.

Slight changes in temperature and humidity aren't harmful regardless the climate. It is the excessive temperature changes in a short period of time that are detrimental or large swings over the course of time.

• Members

Funny My Washburn T24 seemed all out of whack with saddles farther back on the E and A and the neck was twisted. I adjusted the rod back the other way a tiny bit and it all went back to where it should be. Intonation almost perfect. The neck hasn't needed adjustment since even though I took it through the south in August and it's now cold weather. Amazing. Funny thing is it was stable for a couple years then it needed an adjustment, readjustment now stable again. Must be the neck through in action.

My Jack Casady hasn't needed any adjusting after the initial adjustment.

Archived