GBE 600 Owners...

Soulplane83

• Members

I special-ordered my 4-button from my dealer. It was around $70 Cdn at the time. I'm glad I did, as I use it all the time.

I have only two beefs with the GB heads.

A. They're not that quiet, even at idle, AND on the FET channel I get a fair amount of hum and hiss (especially from my GBE750) in whatever venue I'm plugged in.

B. I strongly detest, despise and have extreme prejudice towards the captive cords on the footswitches. What a mess it makes. I would much rather have the option to plug in a shorter cord if I wanted to.

And Yes, as others have mentioned I would really like to have the MUTE on the 5-button footswitch as well. Not a show-stopper, but definitely a "nice to have".

But don't get me wrong, on Saturday night at a singles coffeehouse gig, 3 clicks of the master volume on my GBE750 / Neox 212 were too much volume for a large gymnasium. I turned it down one click. Sunday morning was the first time I brought my Neox 112 to church. It sounded really punchy and strong being driven by the GBE600. I got compliments from one of the other bass players.

Aside from my two beefs, the GB's are filling the GAS void, for now.

• Moderators

If bass players didn't have such big feet...
;)

It's just that guitards have had a lot more experience dancing on pedals and footswitches. What took them 20 years to master can be picked up in only a few years by the average bass player eh?
;)

:D

Thanks for considering it, Agedhorse. I know GB's stance from when I owned a 600. It's not that I don't understand it (your point makes a lot of sense to me), but coming from the guitar to the bass it was simple enough for me to want a foot switchable mute.

Archived