GBE 600 Owners...

Soulplane83

• Members

If you purchased the amp new, but did not get the switch, GB will send you one for free. If you bought it used, you MAY have to buy it, but they will still ship it asap. Just speaking from my own experience.

That would be cool, I only have the two button switch. How did you get GB to send you a freebie 4 button? Thanks:wave:

Billy-B

• Members

I'm pretty certain that the 4-button is an upgrade. New, they shipped with a 2-button.

Yes, you are right about that. I'm guessing maybe GB has a few sitting in the back room (and they won't work on anything else). Regardless, GBE always takes care of their people.

Billy-B

• Members

I actually have a 6 button. I put the 2 button and 4 button together. It looks like a mini midi controller.

There is only 1 jack, so I take it you put the other one on the floor for its awesome placebo effects?

Button 1: Shred

Button 2: Rock-Solid-Rhythm

:p

• Members

Yes, I use the 6 button with the GBE600 and the 5 switch with my GBE1200. I wish that it had a mute as well.

I think they left it off the 750 and 1200 because they are the pro series amps. It would be really embarrassing if you were in front of 10,000 fans and went to hit the HF attack and accidentally muted yourself... :eek:

• Members
I think they left it off the 750 and 1200 because they are the pro series amps. It would be really embarrassing if you were in front of 10,000 fans and went to hit the HF attack and accidentally muted yourself...
:eek:

Yes, but nothing is more annoying than hearing someone tune between songs. Plus, if you switch basses, as I often do, you just hit the mute, and yank the chord. :cool:

• Members

Yes, but nothing is more annoying than hearing someone tune between songs. Plus, if you switch basses, as I often do, you just hit the mute, and yank the chord.
:cool:

My 750 still has a mute button on the face of the amp (which also mutes the direct out to FOH as well). If you're switching basses, chances are that the stand is by the amp...within easy reach...

• Members

Yes, the mute switch on the front of the amp prevents the "sudden silence" issue in front of a crowd due to uncoordinated bass player feet. Now that you guys are getting more experienced with foot switches (the one area guitar players excel), this may need reconsidering.

• Members

Now that you guys are getting more experienced with foot switches (the one area guitar players excel),
this may need reconsidering

Yes, freakin' YES! And thanks for considering us in the same mental league as the guitards.:(

:D

Archived