Mojo needed

cwatson

• Members

I'm currently talking to an old friend on IM and, he's literally just told me that 10 mins ago he tried to end it all. he says he's failing college, he cheated on his gf, problems with parents. he was also heavily bullied prior to college etc and is at his wits end. I'm trying to keep him going on all the positives that he has to live for. he's still with the same gf 6 months later and they've talked stuff through and she really cares about him vice versa. He's just told me that if he stops talking to call his mobile repeatedly and if no response call an ambulance to his house :eek: I can't deal with this, if he does decide to it will feel like its my fault

help :freak:

• Members

I can't deal with this, if he does decide to it will feel like its my fault

Positive waves, man... positive waves.

Start looking at it like this: If he's telling you all this (and he's still alive), that means he's got some hope. Or at least enough will to try and find that hope.

He wants help... he just can't do it for himself. And deep down, he's probably not looking for acceptance in the world... he just wants to accept and like himself.

Just try to be a friend. What I mean by that is, try not to go overboard on all the pep-talk stuff. Chances are, it's all {censored} he's heard a hundred times already anyway. But you still need to be encouraging.

Good luck!! And don't feel like anything is your fault.

• Members

I'm currently talking to an old friend on IM and, he's literally just told me that 10 mins ago he tried to end it all. he says he's failing college, he cheated on his gf, problems with parents. he was also heavily bullied prior to college etc and is at his wits end. I'm trying to keep him going on all the positives that he has to live for. he's still with the same gf 6 months later and they've talked stuff through and she really cares about him vice versa. He's just told me that if he stops talking to call his mobile repeatedly and if no response call an ambulance to his house
:eek:
I can't deal with this, if he does decide to it will feel like its my fault

help
:freak:

Call him and talk to him on the phone. If its at all possible pay a visit to him today. Don't hesitate to call 999 if he starts acting really funny or doesn't answer the IM's & calls.

Archived