Ernieball Stingray or G&L?

bassthumpintwin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Music Man....... better service.....

My G&L service experience was not only excellent, but far superior to just about everybody that I have dealt with a service issue

My ASAT electronics went askew and the pots got scratchy/dirty...G&L replaced the entire electronics package and only charged me shipping

• Members
My G&L service experience was not only excellent, but far superior to just about everybody that I have dealt with a service issue

My ASAT electronics went askew and the pots got scratchy/dirty...G&L replaced the entire electronics package and only charged me shipping

My only experience with MM service was with a condescending prick.

• Members
4 string or 5 ?

I have a 5 string Stingray and a 4 string L2000. The only complaint I have about either is the E string on the G&L doesn't sound as good as I'd like. It breaks up a bit. Not solid. I've lowered the pickups and poles...no joy.
:idk:

Just played open, or also fretted? If it's just open, could be the nut.

• Members
4 string or 5 ?

I have a 5 string Stingray and a 4 string L2000. The only complaint I have about either is the E string on the G&L doesn't sound as good as I'd like. It breaks up a bit. Not solid. I've lowered the pickups and poles...no joy.
:idk:

Hmm, my Tribute L2000 doesn't have that problem at all. Not when the E is detuned down to D either.

• Members
I've never played a 'Ray', a Tribute, or a 4 banger MIA G&L.

The MIA G&L L2500 HH pwns.
:love:

That is all.

DSCN2589.JPG

Funny you should post that now. I made a deal on a Tribute L2500 in that exact colour and fingerboard wood just an hour or so ago. :thu:

• Members

See? You won't get broken {censored} with MM :p

• Members

Your comparing build quality on a korean copy to an American top of the line. Sound wise your experiences have merit (Tribs havethe same pups as Americans) though I've found almost the opposite to my ears.

Good point. To clarify, I found the Tribute build quality to be fairly good and very close to the MIA G&Ls that I've played (but never owned). However, I found that the EBMM build quality exceeded both by a small margin.

One other point to mention - once you get used to adjusting your truss rod at the base of the neck with any old tool kicking around (ala EBMM) it's REALLY hard to go back to stripping the truss rod socket with an allen key every time you want to adjust the relief. And God forbid you have a Fender that needs the pickguard removed or the neck taken off....

• Members

See? You won't get broken {censored} with MM
:p

What you forget is that (or that you didn't know) I own TWO StingRays (one is a '77 FrankenBass - I think you posted pics of my bass at the MM site, didnt you? Somebody did....) and the other is an '03 I got from 1tallbassguy), and I will still always opt for my G&L ASAT :thu::wave:

• Members

MM...I have one going on 7 years and its never let me down. Just added a Bongo and a SR5 and there just fab basses. Played the G&L when i was over in the States, just not the same build/feel to them. I defo agree that the B string on the SR5 is far better sounding than the G&L.

Try a Bongo!

Archived