OT: Back from the gym

Svi

• Members

I tried to find the "how much do you weigh" thread but couldn't.

Just got back from the gym and I'm down 2% more in body fat and another 2 lbs! Holy crap! I can't believe it, I'm on cloud 9 right now. Sorry to brag but I'm feeling great and I am pretty proud of myself.

I gained 41 lbs with the pregnancy and 6 weeks post partum I started to work out again. I couldn't drop anything more so I decided to hire a trainer. I started after Thanksgiving and it's been 10 sessions-I've lost 12 lbs, a few inches off my waist and 3.5% body fat (maybe more).

I am officially 1 lb away from pre pregnancy weight!

It hasn't been easy or cheap but it's an investment in my body and I could have never done any of this myself. Our sessions are 2-2.5 hours!!!

That is all-just needed to be happy with someone :)

• Members

You are awesome, and when I say "awesome" I mean AWESOME. The important part is that you did it because you wanted to get back to a decent weight.

So many women give up after having a kid and, well... balloon up to epic proportions. A lot of men do at the same time, too - which is weird since they're not actually the ones having the kid.

• Members

So many women give up after having a kid and, well... balloon up to epic proportions. A lot of men do at the same time, too - which is weird since they're not actually the ones having the kid.

It's called revenge. :D

In other news, you go, Mrs Svi!! :thu:

• Members

You are awesome, and when I say "awesome" I mean AWESOME. The important part is that you did it because you wanted to get back to a decent weight.

Agreed on ALL counts...

- georgestrings

• Members

I still need to lose my baby weight and I had my last child almost 8 years ago! When I had my first two, I lost a lot of weight. I struggled with weight during high school (size 16 avg). But when I lost that weight after my first two-about 3 years after my 2nd child was born, I went to a size 7/8 and was quite proud of myself. Then I divorced-started dating my husband now, and got prego and gained it all and then some back.

About 2 years ago, I had lost 18 pounds then when I lost my job (nursing) in May, I have gained about 20 pounds. I am going to try to lose it. I know I am over 30 and it is harder to do but I am going to try! Nothing looks better than a skinny bass chick! So I am gonna do it! food and cigs are my weaknesses tho! grrr.

• Members

Hey, I used two ten pound hand weights and the headboard of my twin bed to lose about 27 lbs in three weeks or so. :p

Feel like I've gained it all back in the past two weeks, though, having to eat and being unable to exercise due to a recent hospital stay that involved my heart. Lame, lame, lame.

• Moderators

Hey, I used two ten pound hand weights and the headboard of my twin bed to lose about 27 lbs in three weeks or so.
:p

Feel like I've gained it all back in the past two weeks, though, having to eat and being unable to exercise due to a recent hospital stay that involved my heart. Lame, lame, lame.

Eating is overrated.

• Members

Eating is overrated.

I'm a big mo'fugga, and I was raised with people that " 'US a-EETIN' " versus having a meal. :p And I love eating. Ha. It wasn't that I stopped, at all. I still overindulged on occasion, I was just working off much more than I had on intake.

Outside of my previously adjusted diet, I've been eating the equivalent of six big meals a day and most of the stuff has been borderline terrible garbage. :p

Sadly, I was getting on the road to being in shape again.

Now, I'll have to redo all of the {censored} I did to find the exit off of the fatass interstate. :p

EDIT: I wouldn't be eating so much if it weren't for the inflammation medicine the doc gave me. It has a tendency to eat up the lining of your stomach, so you've got to cover that up with some food. Haha.

• Members

I'm a big mo'fugga, and I was raised with people that " 'US a-EETIN' " versus having a meal.
And I love eating. Ha. It wasn't that I stopped, at all. I still overindulged on occasion, I was just working off much more than I had on intake.

Outside of my previously adjusted diet, I've been eating the equivalent of six big meals a day and most of the stuff has been borderline terrible garbage.

Sadly, I was getting on the road to being in shape again.

Now, I'll have to redo all of the {censored} I did to find the exit off of the fatass interstate.

EDIT: I wouldn't be eating so much if it weren't for the inflammation medicine the doc gave me. It has a tendency to eat up the lining of your stomach, so you've got to cover that up with some food. Haha.

Damn, I missed this. Hope you're feeling better soon. Hang in there.

Archived