This is the main reason why I don't play metal

DevilRaysFan

• Members

I've been in two metal bands for a long periods of time, and several punk bands and I feel your statement is kinda incorrect.... sure there are hotties but the aggressive nature of the music lends it to the male segment of the species, i'm afraid its an irrefutable fact Phantasm.

Since getting into a more pop scene, I can say without doubt there are far more fitties at pop gigs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I'm old and un-hip, but there's something I've wondered about. What was the deal with glam metal or whatever it was called? Big hair, girly makeup and clothes. I mean, their audience was young male headbangers that didn't dress like that. They were rough and tough and full of angst. And it wasn't just some fringe acts, they were big name bands playing good stuff. Just seems like a wierd combination.

Just something I've wondered about.:confused:

• Members

I know I'm old and un-hip, but there's something I've wondered about. What was the deal with glam metal or whatever it was called? Big hair, girly makeup and clothes. I mean, their audience was young male headbangers that didn't dress like that.

Nuh-uh! Glam metal bands in thre 80s were radio pop bands ( False Metal, if you will ;)) and their audience was mainly wimminz: a lot of which were nekkid dancers and winmminz that wanted to be nekkid dancers!!!

:love: The more bogus and poppier the metal, the more hot wimminz (keeping with the thread theme/Post #7).... There is a BIIIG diference in audience of pop-metal bands like Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Poison, Motley Crue, Cinderella, Skid Row, Warrant, etc ...then with heavier bands like Cannibal Corpse, Death, Sepeltura, and Venom

Judas Priest was right smack dab in the middle - heavy enough not to be called pussies but just lite enough to get chixx - Great formula :thu:

• Members

Hmm, this got me thinking about a few shows I went to personally.

Metallica '92 - LOTS of good looking women.

First Gigantour in 2006 - Eh, they were ok. Most of the best looking ones were there with my friends (btw it was Megadeth, Nevermore, Dream Theater, LOA, and some others).

Multiple Savatage shows in the late 90's - early 00's - Strange thing there. The women were either completely smoking or really old scary hags. There was NO middle ground.

TONS of Bar Bands - Im right by Seaside Heights, NJ. Many good looking women of all types. But most of the bands played classic rock or radio rock, there were others but I didnt see as many funk/dance bands. Classic rock seems to rule the cover band scene around here.

So yeah, I guess the point of all that was yeah, DRF was right. :thu:

I would still rather play metal myself though lol.

• Members

DRF ain't wrong. However, I must point out that it has been my experience, and it saddens me to say it, but the clubs that have the hottest, loosest, most scantily clad, willing to screw chicks are the dance clubs where there is no band, just flashing lights, smoke machines, and a bartender.

• Members
Even worse is a Rush concert. That's more of a sausagefest than anything. You actually have better luck picking up chicks at a gay bar than at a Rush concert.

I've seen Steve Vai twice and I think there was a total of 5 women at both of those shows. I've seen Rush twice and there was definitely a better dude to chick ratio at the Rush concerts (though still not very good).

sausagefest.jpg

• Members

Even worse is a Rush concert. That's more of a sausagefest than anything. You actually have better luck picking up chicks at a gay bar than at a Rush concert.

This actually reminds me of a story.

When I lived in Southern California back in the early 80's...a friend of mine were bar-hopping and we got to this one bar and it was FILLED with chicks. We couldn't believe it, we thought we hit the jack-pot because there were no guys around.

So we're sitting at the bar and my friend....who wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer...was oogling the womens. And through the half-drunken haze it finally hits me why there were no men in the place....and why the dance-floor was filled with women slow-dancing with each other. My friend refused to believe it, but finally I dragged him out of there as we were getting so many bad looks from everyone in there....but he was totally oblivious to it. For years after he kept saying I was cock-blocking him from scoring that night.

Archived