so when did dark slide

Bassius

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought It was 1-1-08 he posted the wangcaster and them argued with Phish about it and basicly called him out in public and them after he got bannagement came back several times with different monikers and reposted and continued to argue the point.

• Members

remembering what I do of that day, I think he shouldn't have been banned.

but he didn't do himself any favours by posting the same thread on 3 or 4 different accounts really...

AGREED, and add to the fact that phish was in no mood to be {censored}ed with. :poke:

• Members

He evaded the ban, but it isn't like he has a track record... darkslide seems to have been a productive member in the past.

I'm pretty sure that on any forum ban evasion is a big no-no, but a perma ban :confused: kinda big stick treatment imho :idk:

• Members

He evaded the ban, but it isn't like he has a track record... darkslide seems to have been a productive member in the past.

He's done bannable things before, he just never got banned for them.

I'm pretty sure that on any forum ban evasion is a big no-no, but a perma ban
:confused:
kinda big stick treatment imho
:idk:

Ban evasion is an instant extension of the ban...

Eleven different evasions = Banjolnir, the Ban Hammer of Thor...

• Members

Though come on, you can't really be permanently banned. They can try to ban IP addresses, but you have to ban a whole domain if they use random IP assigning. Then how is that fair to other people on that domain?

Also tons of other ways to get around it. Proxy server being one. They banned the Dark Slide account to be sure...but he could start over easy. Not sure he would want to though.

• Members

Though come on, you can't really be permanently banned. They can try to ban IP addresses, but you have to ban a whole domain if they use random IP assigning. Then how is that fair to other people on that domain?

Also tons of other ways to get around it. Proxy server being one. They banned the Dark Slide account to be sure...but he could start over easy. Not sure he would want to though.

True there are ways around it and it's been done before but in the end they almost always get cault and banned again just by being stupid again.

Archived