OT: I have yet another great idea.........

Funkee1

• Members

......that I don't have the time or energy to develop. If any of you are budding novelists or scriptwriters, and can take this idea somewhere, all I want is a simple "suggested by" credit, and maybe a small amount of cash, if you become a billionaire. Maybe a couple thou........

Anyway, I got to thinking about Wii mania, and Nintendo DS fever, and the fact that Xbox360 and Playstation 3 can all access the net, as can mobile phones, etc. So we are all basically connected to each other, all the time, right?

What if some nefarious organization, or alien race wanted to use all that technology to control and enslave us? What if they packaged it in the form of a video game, a la Halo 3? What if you were the only one who knew what was happening?

I imagine shades of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", but with the Video game twist......

Anyone think they could do it justice?????

• Members
reminds me of this movie, sort of

aliens_vs_predator_extinction_laststar.j

Yeah, but I'm thinking darker, more sinister.Something where playing the game turns you into one of them, and the protagonists whole family is now trying to get him to play the game. I wouldn't want to rip off "The Tommyknockers", but that was the kind of story I was imagining. First, the game makes you smarter, more agile, and more healthy. But then, gamers start acting really weird, and being able to do things like communicate telepathically, etc.....Y'know?

• Members

......that I don't have the time or energy to develop. If any of you are budding novelists or scriptwriters, and can take this idea somewhere, all I want is a simple "suggested by" credit, and maybe a small amount of cash, if you become a billionaire. Maybe a couple thou........

Anyway, I got to thinking about Wii mania, and Nintendo DS fever, and the fact that Xbox360 and Playstation 3 can all access the net, as can mobile phones, etc. So we are all basically connected to each other, all the time, right?

What if some nefarious organization, or alien race wanted to use all that technology to control and enslave us? What if they packaged it in the form of a video game, a la Halo 3? What if you were the only one who knew what was happening?

I imagine shades of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", but with the Video game twist......

Anyone think they could do it justice?????

I think its already happening in real life.

ipod.jpg

:freak:

• Members

"yet another"? I must have missed the first one. Can you tell us what it was? Did you get a headache afterwards? Are you OK now?
:confused:

All my ideas are great!Some have been great dissappointments, while others have been great failures, but there is no denying that they have all been great.Hell, one of my ideas was even a great tragedy!!!

• Members

All my ideas are great!

Some have been great dissappointments, while others have been great failures, but there is no denying that they have all been great.

Hell, one of my ideas was even a great tragedy!!!

Let me guess, the idea that you should drive an automobile?

Archived