Sherwood Green Jazz Update

Super Bass

• Members

So, I've got all the parts for it now. Just waiting on the strings. :cool:

I'm going to take Friday off work if I can, to do as much assembly as I can. Then I'll bring it to the tech for final setup.

Last weekend I did some shielding work on the body and was pretty damn happy with myself. It looked much better than my last attempt.

sherwoodshielding.jpg

:)

So, roll on today. I got a shipment of parts from Bass Parts Resources, and I decided to do a mockup of the body. Then I hit a block...

The pickup routes were just the right size, as were the Delano pickups. The Delano's fit, but not with the shielding. So I had to pull it out. :cry:

I may just shield the base of the routes as I don't think this would affect it. I could go sanding it but I don't want to make a mess of the shape of the routes and make them worse. Any ideas? :confused:

Here are some nice pics of the body with the parts mocked up on it. The bridge isn't fixed so thats why its crooked. :lol:

These pictures are probably closer to the colour than the previous ones I posted.

sherwoodbody1.jpg

sherwoodbody2.jpg

:cool:

• Moderators

On a bass I worked on I had to thin the pickup cover walls by 70%. I did this with a hand file and sandpaper. It was not quick work, but it was a very satisfactory end result. You may need to attempt something like that.

The body looks great. :thu:

• Members

Superbass,

What brand of body is that?

You don't normally see Sherwood Green offered anywhere, other than Warmoth.

Boy that sure is a fine looking project so far.

I love that feeling of anticipation when it's almost done, and then... it's done and you're there. My Jazz clone got put together last summer, my first Jazz in several years -in that time it's been G&L's. I forgot how comfy the 1.5" neck felt.

Your maple with dots neck will compliment the black guard nicely.

LaBella tapes... are those flats?

• Members

Superbass,

What brand of body is that?

You don't normally see Sherwood Green offered anywhere, other than Warmoth.

Boy that sure is a fine looking project so far.

I love that feeling of anticipation when it's almost done, and then... it's done and you're there. My Jazz clone got put together last summer, my first Jazz in several years -in that time it's been G&L's. I forgot how comfy the 1.5" neck felt.

Your maple with dots neck will compliment the black guard nicely.

LaBella tapes... are those flats?

I bought the body on ebay the member id is "bhefnerco". The company that made and painted it is B. Hefner (go figure :lol:). It took a few months due the the paint I chose. It was painted with Nitrocellulose paint. :cool:

The body wood is alder. The La Bella strings are tapewounds, they're basically roundwound strings that are wrapped tightly with tape. They're much smoother and give a more "upright-like" tone. :)

Archived