Let's talk about the perfect marriage... Good Pizza and Good Beer.

justinbass

• Members

this is the only gnarly head my local joint carries but going by it - i would try their other wines.it was 10 bucks or so and went right nicely with a garlic heavy meal.

Very few Zins near $10 are even decent. That is one of the hardest grapes to make a cheap, drinkable wine out of.

• Members

Rogue is one of the most popular micro's out here. Not a fan of any of them, but everyone else goes wild. We sold tons.

None of them?

Dead Guy Ale is boring, I'll give you that, but their Juniper Pale Ale, Chipotle Ale, Mocha Porter and Kells Lager are all very good, interesting beers.

• Members

None of them?

Dead Guy Ale is boring, I'll give you that, but their Juniper Pale Ale, Chipotle Ale, Mocha Porter and Kells Lager are all very good, interesting beers.

I haven't had the mocha porter, that's probably the best bet. I don't really have the taste-buds for beer though, there's a pretty limited few I can drink. I may give it a shot, since I WANT to like them. They have cool-ass labels. I even own a few dead guy ale glasses; I'm such a tool.

• Members

I haven't had the mocha porter, that's probably the best bet. I don't really have the taste-buds for beer though, there's a pretty limited few I can drink. I may give it a shot, since I WANT to like them. They have cool-ass labels. I even own a few dead guy ale glasses; I'm such a tool.

They really do have cool labels.

What beers do you like?

• Members

They really do have cool labels.

What beers do you like?

My favorite of all time is Shiner Boch. I also enjoy miller lite, killians, red stripe, dos equis... There's a few raisin porters or oatmeal porters or whatever I've tried and enjoyed. Same with chocolate porters. I like lighter beers mostly, but can really enjoy a few select darks. It's really hit or miss, but mostly miss. I'm weird. There are lots more that i Like, but I'm pertty drunk and having a hard time thinking of the microbrew names. I know there's a beer with a shark on the tap handle I really enjoy.

And I LOVE hard cider. JK Scrumpeys and K are delicious.

• Members

For years I couldn't eat pizza and drink beer, it was horrible. I loved the combination but for some reason I just couldn't stomach it.

Luckily though, I'm over that now, and enjoy pizza and beer on a weekly basis :thu:

EDIT: I'm glad I logged on today, this is definitely going to be dinner tonight. Americana (ie. perpporoni) and a 6er of Sols :cool:

• Members

Best pizza I ever had was from a tiny pizzeria in Florence, when I visited Italy a couple of weeks ago. Prosciutto and cheese. Thin, crunchy. It was being taken out of the oven as I was entering the store.

I was starving and hungover. I ordered a slice.

I think I heard angels singing while I consumed it.

Few culinary experiences have come close to it in my life.

Best beer was one I had in Germany while we were there for recording sessions.

I probably consumed more beer in Germany in those 18 days than I had in the preceding year. Every morning our producer would show up, look at the empty bottles from the night before and exclaim 'Don't you guys drink water? Juice? Anything else?!'

• Members

How long ago did that happen? Everyone up here rants and raves about yuengling, but I just don't see it... Only moved here about a year ago though, so maybe I just plain don't like it.

in the 80's my friends and I would hop the boarder into PA to score cases or that crap. CHEAP ASS BEER with returnable bottles. I think we were paying in the neighborhood of $8 a case after the bottle return. You had to down a good beer or 2 before jumping in to the Yuengling. Fast forward 10 years and I stop at a local "Spirits" chain store in my new area of NJ (where I am now) and I see fancy 6 packs on the top shelf... some of the priciest beer in the cooler :rolleyes:

Archived