Reminder To All My Fellow Active Users...

RSBro

• Members

...change your dang batteries, or have an active/passive switch! :)

It's never happened to me personally (where it 100% cuts out) but I was at a show for my fave band last night, and the bassist's Fender Jag shut off completely during a walk/mini-solo spot, and was out for like 30 seconds when the song kicked back in and everyone was just like "wha?" because the subs quit rumbling.

He switched to his passive Fender P/J for the last few songs, but yeah. :) My general rule is 6 mo's, no exceptions.

• Members

I'm wondering if the bass I just bought has an Active/Passive switch.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.
:D

My new Q5 does/will. It was first on my list of options behind the coil taps. :)

And my Dolphin came stock w/ it. I actually prefer it in passive mode... :poke:

• Members
My new Q5 does/will. It was first on my list of options behind the coil taps.
:)

And my Dolphin came stock w/ it. I actually prefer it in passive mode... :poke:

Well it has two switches, one of which I know is a pickup selector. I'm assuming the other is an active/passive. I sure hope so!!!

• Members

Well it has two switches, one of which I know is a pickup selector. I'm assuming the other is an active/passive. I sure hope so!!!

I was gonna get my a/p done as a switch as well, just because I think it'd be cool to have 3 mini-toggle switches on my Modulus, just to make people ask about them. :)

But on the volume knob is easier/quicker and can be repaired more cheaply.

• Members
I was gonna get my a/p done as a switch as well, just because I think it'd be cool to have 3 mini-toggle switches on my Modulus, just to make people ask about them.
:)
But on the volume knob is easier/quicker and can be repaired more cheaply.

Dunno man, all the Push Pull DPDT switches I've seen are way more $$ than simple switch. :idk: Is that even what's used?:D

• Members

I paid $3.50 for a switch, had a look at prices for the Push-pull, they were around $30
:eek:

Don't worry though, I have a feeling it's a lot harder to break a push/pull than a little switch
:thu:

Probably true. Although, it would go with the bass' modern aesthetic... Ah well. :) Not like I'll be using it much anyhow!

Archived