Reminder To All My Fellow Active Users...

RSBro

• Members

...change your dang batteries, or have an active/passive switch!
:)

It's never happened to me personally (where it 100% cuts out) but I was at a show for my fave band last night, and the bassist's Fender Jag shut off completely during a walk/mini-solo spot, and was out for like 30 seconds when the song kicked back in and everyone was just like "wha?" because the subs quit rumbling.

He switched to his passive Fender P/J for the last few songs, but yeah.
:)
My general rule is 6 mo's, no exceptions.

Ummm, might want to tell that dude that Fender Jags come stock with an active/passive switch.

:idea:

• Members
Ummm, might want to tell that dude that Fender Jags come stock with an active/passive switch.

:idea:

See, I thought that, so maybe it was something else... Maybe his wireless went out, b/c they hooked him up to a cord after. I donno. Just the bass stopped and he switched axes, so something could have gone wrong internally. He messed w/ the knobs but nothing worked.

• Members

carry as spare and check it regularly with a meter

and take out your cable when not playing

That's what I do - I know from experience, that unless I leave it plugged in for long periods, I can get several months out of a battery in any of my actives - so once a month or so, I check 'em with a meter, and replace them when they get below 9v... On a related note, my tuners eat batteries way faster than my active basses do - so I get a little more use out of the "down to 9v" batteries by using them in the tuners... I always make sure I have a good battery in any tuner I'm going to use for a gig, though...

A cheap multi-meter can be had for well under $10, and is a good thing to have(and know how to use)...

- georgestrings

Archived