OT: Obama Passes Clinton in Delegate Count

Incubitabus

• Members

so what is enough? He seems to have lived a respectable life, hes of age for running for the presidency, and he has held a position in the US senate since 2005, and was a state senator for 7 years before that.

Seems to meet presidential criteria to me.

Even better: Compare him to past presidents: GWB was a governor for 5 years, Reagan was a governor for 8, Carter was a Governor for 4...

That makes him the least experienced of the current possibles. The fact that he voted against Judge Roberts for Supreme Court troubles me as well. You can't find a more centralist candidate that everyone was pretty happy with, yet he couldn't find common ground even when the vast majority of his own party could and voted for him. I worry that he might be much more of a ideologue than most realize. There just ins't enough data on him other than to just hope he's going to be a good president. That's not enough for me. I'll take Clinton over him.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

so what is enough? He seems to have lived a respectable life, hes of age for running for the presidency, and he has held a position in the US senate since 2005, and was a state senator for 7 years before that.

Seems to meet presidential criteria to me.

Even better: Compare him to past presidents: GWB was a governor for 5 years, Reagan was a governor for 8, Carter was a Governor for 4...

He meets presidential criteria merely by being a US-born citizen and having attained 35 years of age. What lug is referring to is that there's nothing in his political history with which to judge his ability to actually do the job. Junior Senator, votes along party lines. Okay. Now what?

• Members

I hope Obama wins the popular vote and Hilary grabs it through getting the superdelegates to vote for her. That would tear the Democratic party apart, after having a Kathrine Harris pulled on them from within their own organisation they'll just stay away in droves or vote for McCain out of spite.

McCain will then die in his second year of office and Vice President Huckabee will become President. He will then nuke Iran in an attempt to bring the apocalypse about and we will all die.

The End.

That's a pretty good prediction, except for the nuke part.

• Members

I hope Obama wins the popular vote and Hilary grabs it through getting the superdelegates to vote for her. That would tear the Democratic party apart, after having a Kathrine Harris pulled on them from within their own organisation they'll just stay away in droves or vote for McCain out of spite.

McCain will then die in his second year of office and Vice President Huckabee will become President. He will then nuke Iran in an attempt to bring the apocalypse about and we will all die.

The End.

Other than the "and we will all die" part, I like it...

- georgestrings

• Members

Why? Other than being a great public speaker, there really isn't enough background to judge Obama. Most get a nice "feeling" and can't really give much detail about him.

He has been in public office longer than her. She has a longer Senate record, but being the wife of a president (especially a president that lied under oath, Whitewater scandal, etc.) is not the same as being the president.

Obama '08

• CMS Author

r1797012930jpgx256y345sbm2.jpg

Oh please. You can just smell the desperation.

Remember when Hussein had some kids who were hostage during Gulf War I? Remember him trotting out them and the parents as his "guests" for a new conference sent out to the world? Remember the backlash from that? Well, change the flag in the background, and a little less facial hair on Hillary, and you've got it.....:D

• Members

He meets presidential criteria merely by being a US-born citizen and having attained 35 years of age. What lug is referring to is that there's nothing in his political history with which to judge his ability to actually do the job. Junior Senator, votes along party lines. Okay. Now what?

...which is Lug's opinion. I think there is enough data. I don't mind that he votes party lines, in fact I like it.

• Members

r1797012930jpgx256y345sbm2.jpg

Oh please. You can just smell the desperation.

Hillary has a history in Texas. She was here as far back as 72 registering hispanic voters. she's probably a shoe-in here. She currently has a big lead in Ohio of 17% (but that can vanish pretty quick). She's 49 delegates behind and those two states represent 334 delegates. Wisconson is next with 74 and will probably go Obama. Pennsylvanna is Hillary country and holds 158 delegats. Obama looks strong but that may be completely reversed by 03/04/08.

• Members

...which is Lug's opinion. I think there is enough data. I don't mind that he votes party lines, in fact I like it.

That wasn't his point. When you are the President, there are no party-lines to vote. How many bills has he presented to the Senate? How many has he cosigned? What legislation has he taken the lead in pushing through the Senate?

The joke runs "All hat, no cattle", but in this case, I'm not even sure he has a hat.

• Members

Hillary has a history in Texas. She was here as far back as 72 registering hispanic voters. she's probably a shoe-in here. She currently has a big lead in Ohio of 17% (but that can vanish pretty quick). She's 49 delegates behind and those two states represent 334 delegates. Wisconson is next with 74 and will probably go Obama. Pennsylvanna is Hillary country and holds 158 delegats. Obama looks strong but that may be completely reversed by 03/04/08.

She thought Viginia was a slam dunk too. We'll see. Momentum is a funny thing.

• Members

That makes him the
least
experienced of the current possibles. The fact that he voted against Judge Roberts for Supreme Court troubles me as well. You can't find a more centralist candidate that
everyone
was pretty happy with, yet he couldn't find common ground even when the vast majority of his own party could and voted for him. I worry that he might be much more of a ideologue than most realize. There just ins't enough data on him other than to just
hope
he's going to be a good president. That's not enough for me. I'll take Clinton over him.

Clinton voted against Roberts, too. And Dems split 22-22 on him. :confused:

• Members

That wasn't his point. When you are the President, there are no party-lines to vote. How many bills has he presented to the Senate? How many has he cosigned? What legislation has he taken the lead in pushing through the Senate?

The joke runs "All hat, no cattle", but in this case, I'm not even sure he has a hat.

Ok, you talk about voting party lines as if he's reading a "how to..." book on voting democratic, but He's just that liberal.

:p

• Members

Clinton voted against Roberts, too. And Dems split 22-22 on him.
:confused:

oops, my bad. My recollection was Roberts passing with a much higher number of votes than mid 70's, sorry. I guess they are both partisan hacks. :(

:D

Archived