OT: Obama Passes Clinton in Delegate Count

Incubitabus

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm really surprised that it is taking this long. he should have blown her away about a few weeks ago.

well she just shook up her staff recently after Obama made out like a madman on super tuesday. He's also picked up a handful of superdelegates in the past week, which was really the only way Hillary was leading him in the past few weeks.

• Members

If she were the Democratic nominee, I would be tempted to vote for McCain...

i hear a lot of democrats saying that. thats really sad for the dems. surely after the last election (where they had a slam dunk with anyone other than a retard) they could pick someone better.

• Members

i hear a lot of democrats saying that. thats really sad for the dems. surely after the last election (where they had a slam dunk with anyone other than a retard) they could pick someone better.

well if its her and mccain, we have the choice of either a conservative liberal, or a liberal conservative. :freak:

• Members

I was there, but then I examined both their stances. Hillary's still closer to me than McCain. However, she's damaged goods, and I hate her voting record. Ugh. Turd sandwich vs. Giant Douche. No one wins.

Both Hillary and Obama have voted 97% party line in the senate. Virtually no difference there.

• Members

I just trust Obama more than Hillary. Plain and simple.

Why? Other than being a great public speaker, there really isn't enough background to judge Obama. Most get a nice "feeling" and can't really give much detail about him.

• Members

Why? Other than being a great public speaker, there really isn't enough background to judge Obama. Most get a nice "feeling" and can't really give much detail about him.

so what is enough? He seems to have lived a respectable life, hes of age for running for the presidency, and he has held a position in the US senate since 2005, and was a state senator for 7 years before that.

Seems to meet presidential criteria to me.

Even better: Compare him to past presidents: GWB was a governor for 5 years, Reagan was a governor for 8, Carter was a Governor for 4...

• Members

so what is enough? He seems to have lived a respectable life, hes of age for running for the presidency, and he has held a position in the US senate since 2005, and was a state senator for 7 years before that.

Seems to meet presidential criteria to me.

Even better: Compare him to past presidents: GWB was a governor for 5 years, Reagan was a governor for 8, Carter was a Governor for 4...

Being Governor is far better job experience than being Senator if you want to be President. Not saying that Senators can't make good Presidents (we've had a few), but as far as what kind of job it is.

• Members

Governors tend to have better chances of becoming presidents, and the experience is more relevant... that said, McCain is a senator, so is Hilary. So basically, it's a choice between senators now. The difference is, McCain has been a senator for the past 20-odd years, or something...

Also, two of his sons are in the military, and one is serving in Iraq. That I did not know.

• Members

1,215 delegates to 1,190. Its a narrow lead, but its growing.

:thu:

If this isn't a polital fix I don't know what is. Clinton would have won Michigan and Florida regardless if Obama was campaigning there and the momentum would have been the other way. The Democratic party disinfranchised 3 million of their own voters to get Obama to the top. A state that held caucuses, for example Nebraska, had literally 40,000 voters decide their state's delegates rather than the 1.5 million as in Florida.

Rigged.

• Members

I hope Obama wins the popular vote and Hilary grabs it through getting the superdelegates to vote for her. That would tear the Democratic party apart, after having a Kathrine Harris pulled on them from within their own organisation they'll just stay away in droves or vote for McCain out of spite.

McCain will then die in his second year of office and Vice President Huckabee will become President. He will then nuke Iran in an attempt to bring the apocalypse about and we will all die.

The End.

Archived