What do we think of the Eden XLT

AunShui

• Members

I was hanging out with a performance bass major and he said that he thought eden cabs sounded poor compared to brands of comparable price (epifani, accugroove, etc). I didn't buy it at first but when i got home and plugged into my rig again it sounded a lot nastier than i remember it. Is this just his opinion influencing my ears or do we not like eden cabs?

Also, if i should look into a replacement cab, are there any reccommendations?

• Members

I have not seen a single bad comment against XLT's on this board ;)

Of course good things are said about epifani, accugroove, bergantino, etc... However I see just as much "they're awesome cabs!" as much as "they're awesome cabs, but not for me". Everyone seems to dig the Eden's. /shrug

• Members

I was hanging out with a performance bass major and he said that he thought eden cabs sounded poor compared to brands of comparable price (epifani, accugroove, etc). I didn't buy it at first but when i got home and plugged into my rig again it sounded a lot nastier than i remember it. Is this just his opinion influencing my ears or do we not like eden cabs?

Also, if i should look into a replacement cab, are there any reccommendations?

What's a performance bass major? One rank above a performance bass captain? Personally I wouldn't trust the opinion of anything less than a performance bass general. But as for my own opinion, I own Eden cabs and they're among the best I've ever used in 35+ years of playing.

• Members

Cabs, like other gear comes down to personal choice. I've played and toured with Eden XLT's in many different venues and genres. For me they've always had a tight focused sound that always cut thru. I've paired them up with GKs, borrowed Hartke & Peavey heads, and high-end pre/power rigs. Didn't matter, always sounded great.

• Members

We loves our 210 XLT precioussssss, until we lost it to that thieving Bagginses...

:mad:

Uhmmm, dude? You need to get out more. :D

I used to play through XLT's quite a bit and I absolutely loved them. If they didn't weigh so pickin' much, I'd definitely be an owner.

• Members

I used to play through XLT's quite a bit and I absolutely loved them. If they didn't weigh so pickin' much, I'd definitely be an owner.

The only reason I've considered selling mine... I live in a basement apartment and practice in my drummers basement... That's 4 sets of stairs of moving my damn 100lb cab back and forth by myself :eek:

• Members

The only reason I've considered selling mine... I live in a basement apartment and practice in my drummers basement... That's 4 sets of stairs of moving my damn 100lb cab back and forth by myself
:eek:

You have enough cabs, why don't you leave one at your drummers place?

• Members

Uhmmm, dude? You need to get out more.
:D

this is correct. :(

In my defense, I'm recovering from being busy and having a focker of a cold last week.

Besides, you would have been less entertained by a "yeah, I love my Eden, ho hum" post. Right? :D

• Members

You have enough cabs, why don't you leave one at your drummers place?

A friend of mine got into bass, so I told him he could use my combo crate and invest the rest of his money into a more expensive, nicer bass...

The Kustom 2x15 doesn't work (it's the one I got for $20 from some guy for being a firefighter) and I haven't bothered poking at it to get it working...

The eden is all that's left. doh!

• Members

Mudbass- that's hilarious! Thanks for the words of encouragement, i spent a little more time messing around with my amp's EQ and got the sound I remember. I still haven't tried my rig with the band yet, but i think I'm liking what i have right now.

Once we get roadies, I'll probably spring for the fridge :D

• Members

yup.

i used to have a 2x10 and 1x18. beautiful buttery tone with an enormous round bottom. but they were too damn heavy.

but there is definitely an Eden sound. transparent they are not.

Archived