So I traded my Genz Benz GBE1200 yesturday...New Amp Day

justinbass

• Members

Reading that thread title I thought you must have lost your senses, but now I see you've got more sense than most here. Nicely done!
:cool:

:thu:

The 1200 was both heavier than I wanted and more powerful than I needed.

The GBE600 was always loud enough, but GAS being GAS, I hopped on the GBE1200 when a great deal appeared. That head in a rack with other toys is heavier than I want it to be, so I am excited to have shaved 10lbs off of my rack weight by trading down to a GBE750.

• Members

Well the 750 is louder and has more tonal flexibility.

The tube channel on the 750 sounds very much like the neo-pak, but to my ears, the 750 is slightly warmer.

You also have the Solid-state channel, and the ability to blend both on the 750.

If you like the Neo-pak, you'll like the 750 more.

• Members

Well the 750 is louder and has more tonal flexibility.

The tube channel on the 750 sounds very much like the neo-pak, but to my ears, the 750 is slightly warmer.

You also have the Solid-state channel, and the ability to blend both on the 750.

If you like the Neo-pak, you'll like the 750 more.

I hate you, ya gas inducing bastage.

• Members

One could gather that I like GB amps.

No,no. . ..no.

We wouldn't want to assume.

:)

I wouldn't want to weigh my rig, it'd scare me. 4x10, 1x15, Mesa/Boogie 400+, preamp/Mackie power amp in a rack (my little biamp rig). I should just break down and buy a Tommy Gate for my pickup. It definitely all moves on wheels--hand truck or casters.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

No,no. . ..no.

We wouldn't want to assume.

:)

I wouldn't want to weigh my rig, it'd scare me. 4x10, 1x15, Mesa/Boogie 400+, preamp/Mackie power amp in a rack (my little biamp rig). I should just break down and buy a Tommy Gate for my pickup. It definitely all moves on wheels--hand truck or casters.

I always assume, what's wrong with that? How do the neo cabs sound. I currently use aguilar 1x12s and love them but always looking for something I may like better.

Archived