Castro resigns as Pres and Commander in Chief

James Hart

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not dead at all. He just resigned because of bad health, to put his brother in his spot.

What's interesting with Cuba is that it's the nearest to success example of a communist country we have. It means a lot of good and a lot of bad.

The US blockout didn't help them either.

• Members

Not dead at all. He just resigned because of bad health, to put his brother in his spot.

What's interesting with Cuba is that it's the nearest to success example of a communist country we have. It means a lot of good and a lot of bad.

The US blockout didn't help them either.

Quite honestly, if that's the closest they can get to success, it's definitely a failed system.

If he's not dead, it probably won't be long. Hopefully his brother will make some changes and our stupid government will drop the embargo as well. It's a beautiful country.

• Members

So Raul is taking over the family business. :rolleyes:

I bet there are plenty of well-to-do Cuban expatriates in south FL who'd like nothing better than get up a private navy and go free up their homeland. :cop:

Cigars for everyone!

I don't get why we can trade with communist China but Cuba is verboten.

• Members

So Raul is taking over the family business.
:rolleyes:

I bet there are plenty of well-to-do Cuban expatriates in south FL who'd like nothing better than get up a private navy and go free up their homeland.
:cop:

Cigars for everyone!

I don't get why we can trade with communist China but Cuba is verboten.

Because Mao didn't piss off the Kennedy clan nad make then look like fools nearly as much as Fidel did.

• Members

Well you try outlasting 10 US administrations and over 300 assassination attempts!

Anyway. He's mostly responsible for the strife in Colombia, so good {censored}ing riddance.

Last time I checked, the Norte Americanos have spent BILLIONS propping up unpopular Colombian presidents and using it's own military contractors in Colombia over a few of decades. Come to think of it, The US has been doing that all over the Latin American continent & the Caribbean.

• Members

Last time I checked, the Norte Americanos have spent BILLIONS propping up unpopular Colombian presidents and using it's own military contractors in Colombia over a few of decades. Come to think of it, The US has been doing that all over the Latin American continent & the Caribbean.

Good to see you again. Last I heard, you were ramming a 3" plug up your ass, screaming "OH!!! SENOR GUEVARA!!!MAKE ME A WORKER! MAKE ME A WORKER!!! HAMMER ME WITH YOUR SICLE!!!"

C7

• Members

Quite honestly, if that's the closest they can get to success, it's definitely a failed system.

If you're looking for your capitalistic values it's indeed a failure. Nobody but Castro got rich out of this experience, there is no middle class or upper class, they have no millionaires.

Now if your goal is to make sure that everybody gets a roof, education, enough food and health care, without anyone left on the side, then the system worked pretty well.

• Members

If you're looking for your capitalistic values it's indeed a failure. Nobody but Castro got rich out of this experience, there is no middle class or upper class, they have no millionaires.

Now if your goal is to make sure that everybody gets a roof, education, enough food and health care, without anyone left on the side, then the system worked pretty well.

I'd like to hope that once the old guard expires, that there will be someone like Gorbachev take control. Cuba's got a hell of a lot of potential.

• Members

How about being able to say "Castro sucks!!" with out going to jail for it? Being bale to say "Hey, this gov't isn't living up to my expectations, I'm glad there is a peaceful, regularly scheduled opportunity to switch out the douchebag currently in charge." C'mon Jazzy, that was cheap of you.

Archived