Cali Courts do it again:

lug

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I realize you're joking, but I will say that I believe I probably both put in more hours on average and contribute more in taxes than at least 90% of the folks on here.

:wave:

.....and I spend it with all the kid deductions I get off mine! I love you!

:D

• Members

IMO this is just another case where the activist courts and the government telling us they know what is better for us than we do.

Do you have some sort of comprension problem? This is a case where the court was anything but "activist."

• Members

Unfortunately, places with non-gang infested schools are becoming fewer and fewer, especially if you live in a metropolitan area.

You know, lots of politicians rail against big business like oil companies and monopolies and near-monopolies like Microsoft, but no one seems to want to take on the biggest, most money hungry monopoly of them all - the public school system. Here in Minnesota, education spending consumes a whopping 40% of the state budget. Still, school districts come to the taxpayer almost every year with referendums and levies, trying to pry yet even more money out of their constituents. In the spendy districts, per student spending is approaching an outrageous $16k per year. In most urban districts in MN, it's more like $11k or 12k per student, per year. When you can get a superior private education for five thousand a year, something is definitely wrong. I know public schools have costs that private schools don't have (they have to deal with transportation and special ed), but why the heck does it have to cost two-to-three times as much?

I support tuition tax credits, so parents (or anyone else) who pays for a students tuition at a private school isn't paying twice. If you send your kid to a private school for $5000 a year, you get a $5000 tax credit at the end of the year. The public school will still be getting some money from you, but they will no longer have the burden of educating your child.

Archived