My band's new website. Check it out please

justinbass

• Members

So I just spent all afternoon designing my new cover band's new website. Can you guys check it out and give me feedback?

The links aren't active, but will be in a few days when I get finalized bios from members and our videos and pictures from last night's gig uploaded.

Be sure to check out the image swapping that happens when you move your mouse over the links. I figured that out today.

THANKS!

http://www.dirtylittlesecretslive.com/

• Members

Definitely a nice start. I really like the fact that the bio and schedule are right there on the front page.

Only thing that kills me is that you're using Brush Script for most of it, which is a design no-no (since it's on every single computer known). I would recommend checking out http://www.dafont.com which has a lot of really good fonts that are free (just check licensing). I think you can find a better font that will still fit the style of what you have currently. But overall, nice start.

• Members

And it's back.

Immediate issues:

How did you code this? The HTML is something of a mess. I can't even get it to run through the W3C's validator, which isn't a good sign.

All the image-flipping as you roll over the navigation links doesn't seem to be meaningful, and in fact is kind of distracting. I'd get rid of it unless there's a compelling reason for it that isn't present yet.

As has already been noted, the typeface is terrible and very generic-looking. Dafont, as noted, is an excellent resource for good, free typefaces.

• Members

I like the roll-over pics. I'd change the table's background color of the schedule to white, pink, or red. The grey just reminds me of a windows 95 error pop-up.

Which brings me to another point: The whole thing looks and feels like it's straight outta 1998. :o

I hate to be a pain, but the whole thing could use some serious work.

Archived