NBD!!! Gibson G-3!

umcoo

• Members

Hello friends. Got this off a good man on here from the States a couple of days ago. 1985 Gibson G-3, made a month before I was born. Plays and feels great, I love the big style body! Sounds very Fender Jazz, but that aint no bad thing. Quite a chunky neck, but my big hands can cope! Enough chatting...here's the pics. Excuse my dirty back yard!

g3001.jpg

g3003.jpg

g3002.jpg

g3004.jpg

• Members

Why, yes. Yes, they are . Victory basses in particular.
:D

I see tons of them for sale @ $800 or less. I should pick one up and wait until they get 'discovered.'

:thu:

Joking aside, I've never understood why they were never more popular. The necks are amazing and slim like a Jazz, killer tone, stylish and sexy... Oh well, all the better for me.:p

• Members

:thu:

Joking aside, I've never understood why they were never more popular. The necks are amazing and slim like a Jazz, killer tone, stylish and sexy... Oh well, all the better for me.
:p

I think they try too hard to be different. But I know what you mean.

• Members

I think they try too hard to be different. But I know what you mean.

I think it's not because they 'tried' to be different, they just 'were' different and the bass playing community can't handle 'different' basses. There were so many Gibby's that were better built that sounded great, but they didn't fit the accepted mold players adopted in the very begining. So not many people bought them and not many were made.

Anyway, the G3 is one bass I've always wanted to play and hear, but I've never even so much as seen one in person.:cry:

• Members

I think it's not because they 'tried' to be different, they just 'were' different and the bass playing community can't handle 'different' basses. There were so many Gibby's that were better built that sounded great, but they didn't fit the accepted mold players adopted in the very begining. So not many people bought them and not many were made.

Anyway, the G3 is one bass I've always wanted to play and hear, but I've never even so much as seen one in person.
:cry:

I've played a few. I've probably seen 10 or so in pawnshops in various states of disrepair over the years. I've just never seen a nice enough one to convince me to buy it. To even buy a Gibby is 'different'. Sometimes, different is good. :)

Archived