OT: Books You'd Like to See Movie-fied

blueyedmule

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was thinking Cryptonomicon because it's my favorite book.

But yeah, Snow Crash would make a much better movie.
:thu:

I'm half way through Zodiac and liking it quite a bit.

Also part way through Quicksilver, but it's tough going for me.

My only concern in regards to Snow Crash would be that parts of it would seem sort of obsolete now.

I read Quicksilver this summer and just finished The Confusion. I'm planning to get my hands on The System of the World as soon as possible-it's really a great series of books, but it would probably make for a horrible movie unless some real time and money were spent on getting it right.

The Baroque Cycle isn't easy reading, but it's worth it, IMO. :thu:

• Members

A real film? RA Salvatore's The Highwayman. The book was heartwrenching and awesome, and with the right director, the film could be even moreso emotionally riveting.

A Series of films? The Dark Tower saga by Stephen King.

Interesting. I stopped reading his books about 5-7 years ago. Never heard of it, but he's definitely one of my fav authors.

I have his first probably 20 books, all first prints. (Yes, I played AD&D going back to grade 7). I'm a geek from WAY back.

• Members

You, sir, are BRILLIANT. That's my favorite all-time fiction book. Good call.

I read the book before I knew there was a show...simply smashing. I'm thinking Tim Burton for Director of Photography with Pete Jackson as his boss. :D

• Members

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Anne McCaffrey's dragonrider series. They would have to tread softly around the sex references. (The books tread pretty lightly, but with the mental connection during mating flights and women only as riders of Gold dragons, leaves the obvious male/male of the greens and bronzes. If this doesn't make sense, you haven't read the books.)

I think that the Crystal Singer series would be an easier film to make.

The White Plague - by Frank Herbert.

• Members

I'd like to see the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. Unfortunately I fear it would have to be condensed to the point of not being recognizable, even if done in a trilogy format. Five or six movies might cover it at 3 hours each.

The last book should be done early next year, maybe once it is complete (and sells 8 bazillion copies) one of the major movie makers will buy the rights and make an attempt.

Archived