Tax Day: How'd You Do?

Thunderbroom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

total of about $6500 back.

i didn't change anything when missus stopped working outside the home, so we were getting withheld prtty steep.

it's all good. i'd rather have the money in one big chunk and be able to kill a large bill or three with it, than to have it scattered throughout the year.

• Members

total of about $6500 back.

i didn't change anything when missus stopped working outside the home, so we were getting withheld prtty steep.

it's all good. i'd rather have the money in one big chunk and be able to kill a large bill or three with it, than to have it scattered throughout the year.

I've been getting several thousand net back each year and was tired of giving the government an interest free loan with my money. I think I finally got the withholding figured out.

• Members

$3k back from the Federal gov't

$1k back from the state

It worked out well as it will allow my wife to stay home an additional month after having the kid.

Next year, I'll get back a stupid amount and as a result will completely recalculate with holdings.

• Members

I'm glad I don't have to work out my taxes. We have a "Pay As You Earn" system here for our tax. The exception to that is self employed people though.

So basically my tax is worked out on each paycheck and I receive a balance sheet at the end of the year from the government. I can question this if I think it's not right and they'll re-assess my tax for the year and issue any money back or request payment. I haven't had any problems with it so far. :)

• Members

I got about $60 back total between state/federal. And it was in my bank account on feb 12th you slackers!

I'm glad I don't have to work out my taxes. We have a "Pay As You Earn" system here for our tax. The exception to that is self employed people though.

So basically my tax is worked out on each paycheck and I receive a balance sheet at the end of the year from the government. I can question this if I think it's not right and they'll re-assess my tax for the year and issue any money back or request payment. I haven't had any problems with it so far.
:)

... Yeah that's what we do too. :confused:

• Members

Wait.... it's TAX DAY?!?!?? :eek:

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk..... I filed weeks ago and got my return a couple weeks ago....

I didn't owe anything this year, so that was nice. Most of it has to go to bills though :(:cry:

• Members

I got about $60 back total between state/federal. And it was in my bank account on feb 12th you slackers!

... Yeah that's what we do too.
:confused:

Oh right, well it just seems from my view that you do something different and have to send a load of forms and crap to the government. :idk:

• Members

Five or six grand back from the Feds, a couple grand due for my company. I agree with those who dislike giving the Feds an interest free loan and would prefer a smaller refund, but it's difficult to nail the withholding when you're working commission only.

So basically my tax is worked out on each paycheck and I receive a balance sheet at the end of the year from the government. I can question this if I think it's not right and they'll re-assess my tax for the year and issue any money back or request payment. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Super Bass, just wondering, what is the percentage of your income you pay in taxes?

• Members

I'm DYING!!!

:mad:

I swear to all that is holy this has got to of been THE worst tax season I've ever been remotely a part of... We have new office "administration" this year, and they dropped the ball-

BADLY.

My dad hasn't been happy, and who's the only employee to take it out on?? You guessed it. :)

This day can't end fast enough and it's only 9...

• Members

Five or six grand back from the Feds, a couple grand due for my company. I agree with those who dislike giving the Feds an interest free loan and would prefer a smaller refund, but it's difficult to nail the withholding when you're working commission only.

Super Bass, just wondering, what is the percentage of your income you pay in taxes?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'd have to look at some of my forms for last year to work it out. :)

• Members

Got a little over 4K back form the Fed (spent already) and I don't have state income tax.

...yet! ;)

And people are finally waking up to the "Margins Tax" debacle-

"What is this extra tax I'm paying??"

It's fun trying to explain the calculations properly when the State Comptroller's Office can't even do it...

Archived