why do people insist on drop tuning?

jonathan_matos5

• Moderators

And that's what i disagree with you on. Stopping what I'm doing in the middle of my work day to grab some paper, which i don't always carry around, and write something out is often impossible. By the time I can get back to my desk, or pull over and find something to write on, the idea frequently gets lost, or diluted. It's the exact same with lyrics. A pocket recorder is the only possibility for me.

half the ideas on my bands album would have been lost if I hadn't had a voice recorder with me all the time. That qualifies as indispensable IMO.

I disagree. If it were indispensable, then no one could write music without one. That's what indispensable means. Yet people do.

Indispensable: I do not think that word means what you think it means.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. If it were indispensable, then no one could write music without one. That's what indispensable means. Yet people do.

Indispensable: I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I know exactly what it means. I'm not suggesting it's impossible to write music with out a voice recorder. It's also not impossible to write music with out notation. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that, for me, to be productive as a songwriter, I NEED to use one. I couldn't do it without one. That makes it indispensable.

• Moderators

I know exactly what it means. I'm not suggesting it's impossible to write music with out a voice recorder. It's also not impossible to write music with out notation. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that, for me, to be productive as a songwriter, I NEED to use one. I couldn't do it without one. That makes it indispensable.

And then, you project that "need" on everyone. No, the fact that you have written music without one shows that it is not indispensable, even to you. Even if that were the case, that does not imply that it would be the case for everyone.

Archived