Genz fans won't like this rant.

james on bass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

sheez, I never turn my GBE600 past like 3 or 4 on the dial......if I go more than that, I am louder than both of my guitarist's stacks.....if anything, I have more headroom than I could ever need.

no {censored}, I can't turn my 750 up past 3 notches at practice and I don't think I have ever turned up past 12:00.

• Members
I really couldn't believe my ears today.

Due to re-occurring back injury, come hell or high water, I'm gonna put a micro rig together.

I call my local dealer this morning. I've been going there for over 20 years, and dealing with the same guy for most of those years. He's no longer employed there I find out.

I played a GBE1200 there a couple months ago and loved it. I ask whether or not they have a shuttle 6.0 in stock. This is what I get for a response.

- No.

-
are you going to get one in?

- No.

-okay. Why not?

-We don't like it and won't be stocking anymore GB bass gear. We've had a couple amps and they have no headroom at all. A 200W Yorkie had more power than the GBE1200.

-You're not serious are you?

- Yeah, I think the guys at Genz rate their RMS ratings like Behringer. For amps that should be boutique and are expensive, they are pretty crappy. We like their guitar amps though.

-Um.okay. Thanks anyway.
Hang up phone.

WTSaget?

First off. What are they smoking that they would talk this way about a line they carry? Secondly, if a customer inquired about getting one, whether or not the salesman liked it, he/she should bring it in and make the sale.

I tracked down the other Genz dealer around here from GB's website and their answering machine gave their (limited) hours of operation. I called all day and they never picked up the phone.

:mad:

Dude, where were you at, Dumbasses R US? :eek:

• Members

James, you must be talking about John Bellone's in London. I was in there a few months ago and saw a couple of Shuttle/Cab combos sitting on the floor. They were poorly EQ'd and pushed to the back behind cheaper competative products which tells me a lot.

That store has as much credibility as a Taliban Jack Layton.

Move on and just buy the G-B amp/cab configuration that suits your needs. You'll find lots of G-B gear to try out in T.O.

TD

Archived