The Slip (New NIN album)

Derek5272

• Members

Right on their website...it's all legit and totally free. So far it's pretty good...but I've always liked NIN...so I'm a little biased.

Me too, although I think Trent has lost a bit of his edge as he gets older...just sort of the nature of that type of music.

• Members

Me too, although I think Trent has lost a bit of his edge as he gets older...just sort of the nature of that type of music.

Yeah...Pretty Hate Machine is obviously my favorite...followed by Broken and even Downward Spiral. I like all of it, but those are staples to me...

• Members

Yeah...Pretty Hate Machine is obviously my favorite...followed by Broken and even Downward Spiral. I like all of it, but those are staples to me...

PHM is a masterpiece :thu:

With Teeth just left me scratching my head. :poke:

• Members

I thought The Downward Spiral was genius. In general I like NIN, and I think Trent's a good writer, but I think Spiral was his best album and he totally overreached himself on it. Taken as a whole, I rank it as one of the top ten rock albums ever. :) Not that my opinion on such things matters much, but it had that big of an influence on me. I'm sure part of that was just the age I was when it came out, but it really blew my mind.

• Members

Another NIN album? That was fast. Good! I have liked NIN since they started.

I guess the new business model allows artists to just get it out there whenever they want to, rather than have a record label telling you to wait a year or more between records.

• Members

Another NIN album? That was fast. Good! I have liked NIN since they started.

I guess the new business model allows artists to just get it out there whenever they want to, rather than have a record label telling you to wait a year or more between records.

Who here is old enough to remember a time when bands released AT LEAST one album a year. And they were good for the most part, front to back.

• Moderators
PHM is a masterpiece
:thu:

With Teeth just left me scratching my head. :poke:

I didn't mind With Teeth. It was just a bit different. One of my favorite lines of all time comes off of Only. "less concerned with fitting into the world . . . . . your world that is."

• Members

Well, I was waiting for about 20 minutes before I started this thread, and I'm still waiting. I'd say the servers are bogged down from high demand. It
was
just released today.

Until we wait it out only to learn they won't let Canadians download it or something stupid. It's happened to me before.

• Members

Until we wait it out only to learn they won't let Canadians download it or something stupid. It's happened to me before.

That would truly suck. I doubt he'd do that though. The website says that this album is supposed to be a thank you gift to the fans... I doubt he'd alienate Canadian fans on that matter. Besides, if you can't get it from nin.com, I'm sure you can find a download elsewhere.

• Members

That would truly suck. I doubt he'd do that though. The website says that this album is supposed to be a thank you gift to the fans... I doubt he'd alienate Canadian fans on that matter. Besides, if you can't get it from nin.com, I'm sure you can find a download elsewhere.

If I don't have the link by the time I get home, I will be.

• Members

Mine arrived maybe 30 minutes after I sent for it. It might have been a little sooner or a little later, but I got it...so whatever. Granted I did it hours ago too...before a lot of peeps knew about it. Fan clubs are a wonderful thing...a guy I work with gave me the advanced info about it.

I'd tell you guys what it sounds like, but I'm listening to it at such a low volume I can't really hear it. It's very different sounding than a lot of the other stuff...and so far the whole album is pretty consistent with the sound. It's lighter than most NIN...but in a good way. I like it so far.

Archived