finally proof that i play bass.

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
http://www.mediafire.com/?hyyxk0j9wl9

i recorded something just for you peeps.
:thu:

:eek:

Your timing is ATROCIOUS, my man.

Your left hand fretting technique is seriously lacking too - listen to the noise and the miffed notes.

Listen to the playback and tap your foot on the beat - hear how you are just going all over the place rhythmically?

You really should practice your rhythm fundamentals.

Forget scales and all that fancy stuff that you read about, you need to go back to the rudiments of rhythm first.

• Members

brutality or HONESTY? :poke:

I was actually trying to give him good, constructive criticism.

Hey JM5, the best advice I ever got early on in my playing is to make everything you do MUSICAL.

Don't just pick up the bass and noodle around, put your mind and body to the task of making it sound musical. That sounds fundamental, but it really does take a while to sink in.

Even a little recording like you just did, should have a fundamental implied tempo, and your notes should be "on the grid".

Save the freetime/rubato type of stuff for years down the road, after you've mastered the grid.

• Moderators
It's nice to know that we can get serious feedback on our work here.

You can and the comments are generally based on performance with respect to expectations. If you post a few clips of your bar band you will be critiqued at the appropriate level. If you tell us you want to be the next superstar band/player, you'll get more careful scrutiny. If a beginner posted and asked, "how's my timing on this clip" I wouldn't expect people to be anything but encouraging and helpful.

To put this thread in context, just a few days ago, JM5 asked us whether he should start teaching bass lessons. :freak:

• Members

ok, i downloaded it now...

the clip sucks, but im not gonna judge, cose that clip is obviously an EPIC FAIL.... send us something else....

.... but as far as bass teaching goes... well... as far as that clip goes... i wouldnt want you to do that to a student...

send us something else...

• Members
ok, i downloaded it now...

the clip sucks, but im not gonna judge, cose that clip is obviously an EPIC FAIL.... send us something else....

.... but as far as bass teaching goes... well... as far as that clip goes... i wouldnt want you to do that to a student...

send us something else...

ill try and work something up and post something that less fail in it tonight.:thu:

Archived