Favorite Low Budget Microbrew

Thunderbroom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, $7-8 for a sixer is par for the course.

Does Shiner Boch count? They are my favorite beer of all time. It's a relatively big brewery though...

What about magic hat seasonals? mmmm..... I love their spring/summer pseudo-heffs :love:

• Members

I do like the Yuengling, but I don't think they qualify as a micro brew...considering they are one of the largest brewers in the country.

Now wait just a gald-darn-pickin-minute. I've never seen Yuengling before I went to Philly. I was talking to the bartender about it, and she said it's a local brew that really isn't available outside Pennsylvania.

WTF?!?

Someone please set me straight.

• Members

Now wait just a gald-darn-pickin-minute. I've never seen Yuengling before I went to Philly. I was talking to the bartender about it, and she said it's a local brew that really isn't available outside Pennsylvania.

WTF?!?

she lied. i can get it at super d here in tn.

• Members

WTF?!?

They have a limited area of where they sell it. I can't buy it in CT either, but they've certainly got it in quite a few surrounding states. They've got 2 rather large breweries in PA and another down in Tampa, FL. I'm pretty sure they ranked something like 6th or 7th largest brewer by volume fairly recently...lets see if I can guess who's ahead:

AB

Coors

Miller

Pabst

Sam Adams (even though AB contract brews thier stuff) EDIT: Actually they have their own brewery now...and Miller does the rest

• Members

WTF?!?

I've tried just about every place I can here to see if I can get it, special order or whatever. Nothing! Not a thing. Nada, zip, zilch.

The closest I've gotten is having friends send it to me from Philly.

It's tasty, and not available everywhere. Midatlantic States and Florida for the most part.

• Members

I've tried just about every place I can here to see if I can get it, special order or whatever. Nothing! Not a thing. Nada, zip, zilch.

The closest I've gotten is having friends send it to me from Philly.

It's tasty, and not available everywhere. Midatlantic States and Florida for the most part.

Yuengling Lager is great. My buddy does trade show runs out east and brings up to 30 cases per trip back here for friends and family.

I actually found it once in a liquor store here in Plymouth. I asked the middle eastern fellow running the shop how the hell they got it here in Wisconsin. He winked and chuckled.

• Members

Yuengling Lager is great. My buddy does trade show runs out east and brings up to 30 cases per trip back here for friends and family.

I actually found it once in a liquor store here in Plymouth. I asked the middle eastern fellow running the shop how the hell they got it here in Wisconsin. He winked and chuckled.

Holy CRAP!!!! I would sell my soul to find this place. Want any Kids? I got plenty to spare. Want my Fiancee? My Parents? My ex-wife? Ren?

• Members

Great thread idea.

TryFrog Island out of Ypsilanti Mi. Hard to find out of the general area.

Also has anyone tried Arrogant Bastard Ale? Not sure if it's a micro. It only comes in a 24oz bottle with a horned , muscular Satan on the bottle?

• Members

Lotsa micros up here, and I've recently found a new favorite: MacTarnahan's Amber Ale.

Mac's is a favorite, along with Deschutes Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond IPA, anything from Pelican or Rogue Brewing, and Terminal Gravity IPA. About $8 is the going rate for a sixer of Oregon microbrews. Thank you, OLCC...

• Members

Also has anyone tried Arrogant Bastard Ale? Not sure if it's a micro. It only comes in a 24oz bottle with a horned , muscular Satan on the bottle?

Why yes, yes I have thanks to Thumper. We traded brews via mail a month or two ago.

Are you in MI Bassdad?

• Members

Why yes, yes I have thanks to Thumper. We traded brews via mail a month or two ago.

Are you in MI Bassdad?

Orignally. Just transplanted to Fort Lame, IN last year from Metro Daytwa.

I'll have to go try the local Mad Anthony's brew pub and reprt back.

Archived