Favorite Low Budget Microbrew

Thunderbroom

• Members

I will drink any beer as long as it's not Red Dog, but I'm not sure that actually qualifies as beer.

Yo.

LOL, I guess you're right. I hear what someone was saying about the Trader Joe's brand beer. Some of it tastes awful. That bohemian style lager was horrible when I bought some. I suffered through it though, ha ha.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I guess you're right. I hear what someone was saying about the Trader Joe's brand beer. Some of it tastes awful. That bohemian style lager was horrible when I bought some. I suffered through it though, ha ha.

I tried a few and didn't really like them. Then I complained and someone said, "Oh you didn't try _____. That's why." So I did and that one was crappy, too. I recently tried their oatmeal stout and it was weak.

Yo.

• Members

I can get their craft pack pretty regularly at the above price and sometimes even less.

You can't even get Corona for that price. Now that I'm brewing I can say with confidence that you get what you pay for. Good beer is expensive to make. If you are paying 10 bucks for a 12 pack, you are getting {censored}ty ingredients and possibly some fillers that you wouldn't want to put into your body. But if it tastes good, go for it, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it micro brew. When you are considered 7th largest brewery in america I think you are past the "micro" part of the description:D

For me, the cheapest I get is about 9 bucks a 6'er. Most of the time the cheapest micro brew is my own, which costs about 35 bucks to make a case of 22oz bottles. Basically equates to about 30 cents a beer I think?

Dan

• Members
You can't even get Corona for that price. Now that I'm brewing I can say with confidence that you get what you pay for. Good beer is expensive to make. If you are paying 10 bucks for a 12 pack, you are getting {censored}ty ingredients and possibly some fillers that you wouldn't want to put into your body. But if it tastes good, go for it, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it micro brew. When you are considered 7th largest brewery in america I think you are past the "micro" part of the description:D

For me, the cheapest I get is about 9 bucks a 6'er. Most of the time the cheapest micro brew is my own, which costs about 35 bucks to make a case of 22oz bottles. Basically equates to about 30 cents a beer I think?

Dan

Dan

One of these days, I'm going to make my own and I will be hitting you up. One of these days...:evil:

Yo.

• Members

I used to love Fat Tire, but I think I drank too much. I can't drink it anymore. My favorite these days is Mac & Jack's African Amber, but as far as I can tell, they don't sell it in bottles. I've found a few places around here that have it on tap. I'm headed to Seattle this weekend, so maybe I'll have a chance to find their brewery & see if I can fit a keg in the back seat of my car. :)

• Members

That's one of my favorite beers. It's really good on tap...and it's also really good as a Black Magic...which is a black & tan...only replacing the Bass with Magic Hat.

First time I had it was on tap, so that's a big +1. They have it at Bennigan's of all places here. There's a couple stores here that stock a bunch of the Magic Hat stuff; I'll have to look for the Black Magic.

• Members

I'll have to look for the Black Magic.

Any place that sells #9 and Guinness can make one for you. You take a pint glass and fill it halfway with the #9, then you take a spoon and pour Guinness on top of it. The Guinness floats, so the two stay separated. If they don't know what a Black Magic is, then ask them to make you a Black & Tan...but replacing the Bass or Harp with #9!

My favorite drink ever...

• Members

For this weekend, I have a 12 of MGD, a 12 of Anchor Steam Ale, and a 20 of Okocim Porter. Okay, the Okocim's a Polish beer, and 20's the number in their cases, make your own joke.

Anyways, any of you guys want to bring a few microbrews with you, we can handle that. ;)

• Members

I love their Black Toad Dark Ale and I really like the Fat Weasel and I like most of what I've tried. :thu:

But the Bavarian Style Hefeweizen was nasty evil icky bad. Second worst beer I've ever had. Just my opinion.

• Members

Any place that sells #9 and Guinness can make one for you. You take a pint glass and fill it halfway with the #9, then you take a spoon and pour Guinness on top of it. The Guinness floats, so the two stay separated. If they don't know what a Black Magic is, then ask them to make you a Black & Tan...but replacing the Bass or Harp with #9!

My favorite drink ever...

Duh, I must've had my brain turned off when I read your first reply; I thought "Black Magic" was actually a bottled version (which I'm assuming would be cool nonetheless). I am very familiar with the many variations of Black & Tan, having enjoyed variants with Blue Moon, LaBatt Blue (which I wouldn't recommend), Killians, Bells Amber and whatever the bartender felt necessary.

I look forward to trying it now!

Archived