48 hours without a cigarette....

BottomHeavyKate

• Members

{censored}, she still smokes 3+ packs a day

When I hear of people that smoke this much I'm completely dumbfounded. 3 packs a day is about 4 smokes an hour or so (assuming she's not waking up every hour in the middle of the night). I don't know how anyone can get that addicted to it where you have to chain smoke all day long.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Eight days and counting!!!! Not a single cigarette.

I still have wicked cravings and it's all I can do to not buy a pack - but I may actually pull this off.....

Thanks guys
:)

Woo, first week's gone! :thu:

Isn't it downhill after the second week? I don't smoke so I don't know, but I thought that's what I'd heard.

• Members
Woo, first week's gone!
:thu:

Isn't it downhill after the second week? I don't smoke so I don't know, but I thought that's what I'd heard.

I'm not sure. The good thing is that I have so much to get done in the next few weeks that I won't have a lot of down time. I mowed the boyfriends lawn on Sunday just because sitting in the house relaxing was making me crazy!!

I never had a smoker's cough before this but good lord - I've had some serious bad coughing fits in the last week .

• Members
I'm not sure. The good thing is that I have so much to get done in the next few weeks that I won't have a lot of down time. I mowed the boyfriends lawn on Sunday just because sitting in the house relaxing was making me crazy!!

I never had a smoker's cough before this but good lord - I've had some serious bad coughing fits in the last week .

Wanna date me on the side a little bit the next few weeks? I've got some lawn/house stuff that could use some attention :D

I've seen my friends with the nasty ass cough too, but man you'll feel so much better after. You'll actually be able to smell/test again and breathe and ahhh!! (or so I've been told ;))

• Members
Wanna date me on the side a little bit the next few weeks? I've got some lawn/house stuff that could use some attention
:D

I've seen my friends with the nasty ass cough too, but man you'll feel so much better after. You'll actually be able to smell/test again and breathe and ahhh!! (or so I've been told
;)
)

I'm sure the current b/f will have no problem with that! Besides...it takes what - like 20 minutes to get there from Chicago?!?! :)

I'll be moving in with him in a couple of weeks. then it's tearing down wallpaper, painting, insulating, any house thing he will let me do.

Because I did the math and realized that I spend several hours a day smoking.

Even if I take 10 minutes a smoke and I'm at a pack a day....that's over three hours. I don't drive during the week so that's three hours I have to fill with something else. :freak:

• Members
I just hope I don't replace it with food - I've finally gotten within 10 pounds of my goal weight.

Will you have to change your name to "Not-So-Bottom-Heavy Kate???"

;)

Good luck. I found I couldn't give up nicotine but since I had to give up everything else, I just found other ways to ingest tobacco than cig-smoking.

• Members

When I hear of people that smoke this much I'm completely dumbfounded. 3 packs a day is about 4 smokes an hour or so (assuming she's not waking up every hour in the middle of the night). I don't know how anyone can get that addicted to it where you have to chain smoke all day long.

John Mellencamp smoked (until he had a heart attack at a very early age) 4 packs a day. He would wake up in the night, and have a smoke. He smoked in the shower (I guess had an ashtray right outside).

Edward R Murrow match lit only one cigarette a day. The rest of the 4 packs he smoked were lit with the still-burning previous cigarette.

• Members

When I recommended getting busy with the boyfriend, I didn't mean mowing his lawn! :facepalm: Congratulations Kate on 8 days. One day at a time will get you where you want to be.

• Members

dont be obsessed with the idea of having a cigarette 24/7..... find other stuff to fill that void with.... music, sports, whatever makes you feel better.

It's getting a little easier by the fact that I'm swamped at work and I have a week and a half to get set to move and get registered back in school. I'm sure I'll manage to fill every available hour!!!

Archived