Who's your pick in the Kimbo fight? (spoiler)

fretless

• Members

Actually Nog owned Herring for most of the fight except for one kick, which put him on his back. It was Herring's decision not to jump on Nog (to try and finish him) but you have to remember that Herring has been submitted TWICE by Nog (in Pride) and was weary of Nog's tricks.

Herring literally has only won only 1 round in 3 whole fights vs Nog. The fact that Nog easily won the third round (after Herring knocked him down) suggests that Nog wasn't quite as hurt as he appeared. It was a great kick though, caught Nog by surprise.

Nog easily defeated Werdum also and Werdum should be ranked number 3 in the UFC behind Nog and Randy. I'm pretty sure Randy would struggle badly vs Werdum.

As far as Sylvia is concerned, I knew Nog was in for a tough fight because of Tim's size and style. He's mainly a boxer (like Nog without the subs) but he has tremendous reach. Randy moved in for the clinch+takedowns vs Tim to avoid his hands, which is smart but doing the same vs Nog spells big trouble.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's your beef with Machida? Last I saw, he fought Franklin and won and Tito and Won. that's pretty impressive.

No I'm upset that Machida is being forced to fight Thiago Silva in some sort of elimination bout when all he does is win. He should be fighting Forrest Griffin for the title.

• Members

No I'm upset that Machida is being forced to fight Thiago Silva in some sort of elimination bout when all he does is win. He should be fighting Forrest Griffin for the title.

I think it's because he's been pretty boring in every fight he's won and people don't like watching him fight; I know I don't. If I wanted to watch someone run around I'd watch the Olympics. I mean 3 of his four last fights went to unanimous decision. Like it or not, this plays into who fights who.

Yes, He beat a couple top guys for sure but I think his problem is that people don't like his fighting style. The LHW division is pretty stacked and he needs to fight at least a couple more fights before he gets a shot. Thiago Silva will prove to be a challenge for him. They are both 13-0 and Silva is a sick striker.

When the divisions are stacked it takes longer and Machida definitely hasn't earned anything yet IMO.

Oh and I just watched the Franklin fight and Machida won because they bumped heads:facepalm:

Dan

• Members

Oh common man, even friends of mine who love Franklin admit he was disected by him. It was a beatdown.

Forrest openly stated he doesn't want no part of Machida. I don't really buy into the "boring" talk because I appreciate all styles and I appreciate super skills. I've seen a lot of very exciting fights that were low level and I've seen many less exciting fights that were highly technical. I like watching them both by I believe it's wrong denying the guy who beats everybody his shot at the title because many of the fans don't understand the beauty of his skills. It takes two to tango and many times the other guy is just scared to engage, which can make the better fighter appear boring. Liddell vs Bustamante is a perfect example of this.

Stephen Bonnar said he felt like he was fighting a ghost when he fought Machida. Made him feel like he had no idea. Since then Machida has been training heavily with the Nogs, Anderson Silva, Paulo Filho, and other top submission fighters. He's a freak standing and grappling.

I do admit that Thiago Silva is a threat to ANYBODY in the whole division. He was slated to fight Rashad Evans before Dana started manipulating the matchups in order to favor his popular fighters. Thiago brings the heat plus he has skills. He's classic old-style Chute Box.

• Members

Actually Nog owned Herring for most of the fight except for one kick, which put him on his back. It was Herring's decision not to jump on Nog (to try and finish him) but you have to remember that Herring has been submitted TWICE by Nog (in Pride) and was weary of Nog's tricks.

Herring literally has only won only 1 round in 3 whole fights vs Nog. The fact that Nog easily won the third round (after Herring knocked him down) suggests that Nog wasn't quite as hurt as he appeared. It was a great kick though, caught Nog by surprise.

Nog easily defeated Werdum also and Werdum should be ranked number 3 in the UFC behind Nog and Randy. I'm pretty sure Randy would struggle badly vs Werdum.

As far as Sylvia is concerned, I knew Nog was in for a tough fight because of Tim's size and style. He's mainly a boxer (like Nog without the subs) but he has tremendous reach. Randy moved in for the clinch+takedowns vs Tim to avoid his hands, which is smart but doing the same vs Nog spells big trouble.

Well, we'll have to disagree on that I guess, because I think if it had been anyone but Nog, they would have stopped he fight. He went down hard, flat on his back, arms out wide and then ate several punches without doing anything to defend himself other than sticking his hands up instinctively... it certainly wasn't what I would consider intelligently defending himself. He wasn't trying to regain closed guard to break Herrings posture, he wasn't covering up to try and block some punches, in fact, his left hand basically stayed at his side, flat on the mat doing nothing other than an initial attempt to block Herring's hips, for ~6 seconds while Herring was throwing punches... hell, he wasn't even looking at Herring after the kick, he was staring off into space. To suggest he wasn't hurt after seeing him stumbling around even after a break, I think, is a little much.

As far as Randy and Timmy goes, I think you missed the part where Randy dominated Timmy in the stand-up, which allowed him the chance to clinch and smash him. Nog would have to control Randy on the ground to sub him, and that just isn't going to happen. Randy will crush Nog standing, clinch and dirty box, and when it finally goes to the ground he will be on top and controlling Nog. That's how I see it. Nog had a hard time striking with Timmy and Timmy is a horrible striker, I don't care what anyone says. Of course, I despise Timmy because he's boring as hell and has only survived this long because he's 6'8".

When it comes to Machida, I am a fan but I can understand why other people dislike him. Personally I think he is awesome and gets a bad wrap simply because he's not dumb enough to stand directly in front of someone and fight them like he's a {censored}ing hockey player.

• Members

Oh common man, even friends of mine who love Franklin admit he was disected by him. It was a beatdown.

Have you seen the fight? He most certainly didn't get beat down. They both went in and head butted and Franklin got the worst of it and Machida capitalized on it.

Forrest openly stated he doesn't want no part of Machida.

He says that about everyone he fights:confused:

I don't really buy into the "boring" talk because I appreciate all styles and I appreciate super skills. I've seen a lot of very exciting fights that were low level and I've seen many less exciting fights that were highly technical.

His fights are boring. People were booing him when he fought Tito. He's a smart fighter, but he's a boring fighter.

I like watching them both by I believe it's wrong denying the guy who beats everybody his shot at the title because many of the fans don't understand the beauty of his skills.

By everyone you mean who? Did he beat Rashad Evans, did he beat Rampage, did he beat Liddel? Those are the guys in line to fight for the title.

He hasn't really fought anyone that would put him in line to fight for a title.

It takes two to tango and many times the other guy is just scared to engage, which can make the better fighter appear boring. Liddell vs Bustamante is a perfect example of this.

Did you see the fight where Tito chased him around the ring for three straight rounds?

Stephen Bonnar said he felt like he was fighting a ghost when he fought Machida. Made him feel like he had no idea. Since then Machida has been training heavily with the Nogs, Anderson Silva, Paulo Filho, and other top submission fighters. He's a freak standing and grappling.

Bonnar? Yet another fighter who's lost to everyone and that's who you want to bring up? He had one good fight with Griffin, since then he's had his ass kicked by just about everyone.

I do admit that Thiago Silva is a threat to ANYBODY in the whole division. He was slated to fight Rashad Evans before Dana started manipulating the matchups in order to favor his popular fighters. Thiago brings the heat plus he has skills. He's classic old-style Chute Box.

This is exactly why he needs to fight him. He hasn't earned anything. This will be the first fight that I would consider a test. This should be the first fight of two or three that he would have to get through to fight for the title.

I honestly think it's only a matter of time before he gets figured out, knocked out, and then disappears.

Dan

• Members

As far as Randy and Timmy goes, I think you missed the part where Randy dominated Timmy in the stand-up, which allowed him the chance to clinch and smash him.

+ {censored}ing one...Jeff, are you even watching the fights your talking about? Randy was all over Tim in every way possible and it was obvious to anyone watching that he was pwning him in the standup. No one expected it, and even the commentators couldn't stop talking about it.

When it comes to Machida, I am a fan but I can understand why other people dislike him. Personally I think he is awesome and gets a bad wrap simply because he's not dumb enough to stand directly in front of someone and fight them like he's a {censored}ing hockey player.

+1, only I don't think he's awesome. I can appreciate his game plan and his skill but I think that he's a mystery right now but that he won't last IMO.

• Members

+ {censored}ing one...Jeff, are you even watching the fights your talking about? Randy was all over Tim in every way possible and it was obvious to anyone watching that he was pwning him in the standup. No one expected it, and even the commentators couldn't stop talking about it.

+1, only I don't think he's awesome. I can appreciate his game plan and his skill but I think that he's a mystery right now but that he won't last IMO.

Franklin got his ass handed to him by Machida in every single facet of the fight. I'm not sure you watched it. Herring had a few good moments against Nog sure, but it was ONE KICK and then he couldn't finish him. Then Nog toyed with him in the final round for the win. Nog has finished Herring twice already, maybe you're one of those guys who hasn't followed MMA and only follows UFC. When you fight a guy three times there's a good chance the inferior fighter will have a few good seconds, eh? That's all Herring had vs Nog in THREE FIGHTS.

Once again. RANDY COULD NOT FINISH TIM even though Tim was seriously hurt with a bad back going in. Tim was 100 percent for Nog and got FINISHED. He was moving much better for Nog than he was for Randy. His own words.

Ok then, if Randy and Nog fight I got Nog for fifty. I Machida fights Forrest I got Machida for fifty. Deal? Of course Nog has to get by the guy who finished Brock while Randy gets to fights Brock, but that's another matter. Machida's gonna tear Forrest a new asshole.

• Members

Franklin got his ass handed to him by Machida in every single facet of the fight. I'm not sure you watched it. Herring had a few good moments against Nog sure, but it was ONE KICK and then he couldn't finish him. Then Nog toyed with him in the final round for the win. Nog has finished Herring twice already, maybe you're one of those guys who hasn't followed MMA and only follows UFC. When you fight a guy three times there's a good chance the inferior fighter will have a few good seconds, eh? That's all Herring had vs Nog in THREE FIGHTS.

Once again. RANDY COULD NOT FINISH TIM even though Tim was seriously hurt with a bad back going in. Tim was 100 percent for Nog and got FINISHED. He was moving much better for Nog than he was for Randy. His own words.

Ok then, if Randy and Nog fight I got Nog for fifty. I Machida fights Forrest I got Machida for fifty. Deal? Of course Nog has to get by the guy who finished Brock while Randy gets to fights Brock, but that's another matter. Machida's gonna tear Forrest a new asshole.

I'm convinced now, you have no idea what your talking about.

And I don't bet in fights that aren't going to happen. I think between now and Machida's road to a title fight, someone will beat him. I'd like to see him fight Liddel, I think Liddel has the perfect style to beat Machida. If it was Forrest and Machida, I'd say Machida could take it. Forrest isn't quick enough and isn't accurate enough. But it would go to a decision and it would be yet another boring fight. 8 of Machida's 13 fights were won by decision, what does that say about a fighter? It says he can't finish fights standing up and he can't finish them on the ground. What makes you think he's so incredible? He's beat no one, he hasn't even had a real test yet.

Dan

• Members

I'm convincednow, you have no idea what your talking about.

Actually I've probably watched at least ten times more MMA fights then you have because I've been following UFC, Pride, Vale Tudo, and many of the smaller orgs since Royce Gracie won all the early UFC's back in the early to mid 90's. The Tim that Nog fought was far more dangerous than the Tim that Randy fought because Tim was messed up but didn't want to pull out. His own words. Watch both fights back to back, Tim was mobile and fast for Nog and was a bump on a log for Randy.

As far as Herring goes, if he fought Nog again he'd have no chance because Nog would now look for the high kick. That was Herring's only moment in 3 FIGHTS vs Nog. Heck GSP got KTFO by Serra so anyone can land one big strike, you'll still have to finish the job. Nog got rocked and Herring was afraid to jump on him. That's what happened. After Nog recovered he owned Herring for the remainder of the fight. That's 3-0 vs Herring with two finishes. Randy never fought Herring because Randy hasn't fought even half the top HW's that Nog has fought.

I hope Randy beats Lesnar because I don't want some giant pro wrastler defeating a hall-of-fame guy like Randy. If Randy wins and Nog wins, Nog will beat Randy, likely by sub. I'll bet you straight up win and win by sub so you can get some of your money back if Randy loses but survives. Deal?

• Members

I hope Randy beats Lesnar because I don't want some giant pro wrastler defeating a hall-of-fame guy like Randy. If Randy wins and Nog wins, Nog will beat Randy, likely by sub. I'll bet you straight up win and win by sub so you can get some of your money back if Randy loses but survives. Deal?

In Brock's defense, he only "wrassled" for 3 years w/ the WWE.

He's a serious mat wrestler, an NCAA champ at that, and has been doing it for years. MANY more than pro wrestling.

He's no Slice, I'll give you that much.

• Members

That's true but the landscape is littered with former freestyle wrestlers who couldn't defend themselves in an MMA ring. It's a good start but that's it. Brock's only advantages over Randy are youth and his massive size.

Randy vs Nog should have happened when both were in their respective primes but Dana refused to send fighters over to Pride for tournaments after Chuck got destroyed by Rampage and cost him 300 grand.

• Members

That's true but the landscape is littered with former freestyle wrestlers who couldn't defend themselves in an MMA ring. It's a good start but that's it. Brock's only advantages over Randy are youth and his massive size.

Randy vs Nog should have happened when both were in their respective primes but Dana refused to send fighters over to Pride for tournaments after Chuck got destroyed by Rampage and cost him 300 grand.

He brought the thunder against Herring. I'm still trying to see the Mir fight somehow.

I understand your point, just don't understand as much (yet) as to how it all works as in who fights for whom, where you do or don't compete/do tourneys, etc..

• Members

Actually I've probably watched at least ten times more MMA fights then you have because I've been following UFC, Pride, Vale Tudo, and many of the smaller orgs since Royce Gracie won all the early UFC's back in the early to mid 90's.

Sure you have.:rolleyes:

The Tim that Nog fought was far more dangerous than the Tim that Randy fought because Tim was messed up but didn't want to pull out. His own words. Watch both fights back to back, Tim was mobile and fast for Nog and was a bump on a log for Randy.

I'll let you in on a little secret; All fighters fight injured at least half the time. Lots of fighters like to make excuses as well. He got outpunched, outwrestled, and outclassed against Randy. Sylvia was a piece of {censored} fighter anyway, I'm not sure why you'd brag about Nogueira beating him...

As far as Herring goes, if he fought Nog again he'd have no chance because Nog would now look for the high kick. That was Herring's only moment in 3 FIGHTS vs Nog. Heck GSP got KTFO by Serra so anyone can land one big strike, you'll still have to finish the job. Nog got rocked and Herring was afraid to jump on him. That's what happened. After Nog recovered he owned Herring for the remainder of the fight. That's 3-0 vs Herring with two finishes. Randy never fought Herring because Randy hasn't fought even half the top HW's that Nog has fought.

When did I say anything about Nog or Herring? I'm speaking about Machida and your obsession that he get a shot at the title even though he hasn't beaten anyone of value decisively.

Lesnar will be a test for Randy, but I don't think lesnar will pull it off. He'll get caught trying to muscle Randy and Randy will submit him. Or based on his striking last time, he might just put Lesnar out, who knows.

I'm also amazed that you are pushing Nogueira on me seeming as how I didn't even mention the dude's name. I could give two {censored}s about the HW division, there's no talent there other than Randy and even Randy is pushing his luck by continuing to fight.

• Members

Dana's a bottom line guy so he promotes popular fighters by setting up matches with other popular fighters so the belt holders don't look like a bunch of foreigners. Basically Machida vs Thiago Silva is an effort by Dana to get one of them outa the picture while his two TUF show guys get to fight for the belt.

• Members

Sure you have.
:rolleyes:

I'll let you in on a little secret; All fighters fight injured at least half the time. Lots of fighters like to make excuses as well. He got outpunched, outwrestled, and outclassed against Randy. Sylvia was a piece of {censored} fighter anyway, I'm not sure why you'd brag about Nogueira beating him...

When did I say anything about Nog or Herring? I'm speaking about Machida and your obsession that he get a shot at the title even though he hasn't beaten anyone of value decisively.

Lesnar will be a test for Randy, but I don't think lesnar will pull it off. He'll get caught trying to muscle Randy and Randy will submit him. Or based on his striking last time, he might just put Lesnar out, who knows.

I'm also amazed that you are pushing Nogueira on me seeming as how I didn't even mention the dude's name. I could give two {censored}s about the HW division, there's no talent there other than Randy and even Randy is pushing his luck by continuing to fight.

I've tried to be fair with you but you just keep crapping out your mouth. Nog has been rated number two HW in the world for years so get your facts straight.

I've been fair in offering you two fair bets but you insist on insulting me instead of manning up. Now quit being a girlie man or just STFU up because I'm making you look bad and it isn't that difficult.

• Members

I've tried to be fair with you but you just keep crapping out your mouth. Nog has been rated number two HW in the world for years so get your facts straight.

Rated by who? The UFC? Because when it comes to title shots in the UFC, their rating is the only one that counts. Seriously the HW divisions ratings are like rating which dump smells best, honestly.

I've been fair in offering you two fair bets but you insist on insulting me instead of manning up.

Offering me bets on fights that aren't even scheduled to happen? Well how about this, I'll bet you Christina Aguilera would kick Machida's ass. I'll bet you a cool million that she does!:eek:

See how that works? Even if they were scheduled to fight I've already told you:

1. I don't give a {censored} about heavyweights

2. Machida would most likely take Forrest, IF they fought, which I don't think they will.

Now quit being a girlie man or just STFU up because I'm making you look bad and it isn't that difficult.

Yup, you are definitely making me look bad...:cry::rolleyes:

• Members

Screw this speculation nonsense. I tell you what. I'm going to join the UFC and beat Anderson Silva for the Middleweight title with a first round knockout. Then I'm going to gain a bunch of muscle mass and submit Forrest Griffin for the light-heavyweight title, again in the first round. After that, I'm going to put even more muscle mass on and pound the living daylights out of Randy Couture for the Heavyweight title. It might go to round two, but I'll dominate the entire match before he simply can't continue.

You just watch.

Archived