Who's your pick in the Kimbo fight? (spoiler)

fretless

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. he was a serious bad ass when he was younger, and his Son Frank is a hell of a fighter now, but Kimbo is gonna pummel him.

Franks not his son. They're brothers. They were both adopted by the same guy or something like that.

It's sad watching a fighter who's over the hill.

• Members

Franks not his son. They're brothers. They were both adopted by the same guy or something like that.

It's sad watching a fighter who's over the hill.

Really? i was under the impression he was his kid. Learn something new every day. :)

• Members

I would say if Ken makes it past the first round and a half he has a chance....but he is gonna have to run around the octagon like a scared little school girl for the first round!
:snax:

Should be fun to watch

His only shot is a submission move IMO. No way he takes a guy that big out standing up.

• Members

All ken has to do is avoid the dude and get him to the ground. Once on the ground Ken will dominate him. Kimbo will run out of gas too quick and he has no skill on the ground. Kimbo has a bunchers chance but I say Shamrock by submission second round.

Dan

Actually I'd love to see the fight as you described because Ken is a hall-of-fame fighter who's forgotten more than Kimbo will ever know, but the fact remains that Ken's brains are scrambled and Kimbo's hands are lethal. Kimbo's showed a much improved guard in his last fight against a very big man who took him down more than a few times. Even if Ken succeeds at getting him down, Kimbo knows enough not to get submitted and is strong enough to reverse Ken.

I see an early KO and I hope they don't have to carry Ken out of the ring. MAYBE Ken will get a takedown and switch to an ankle lock to pull it off, MAYBE. :confused:

• Members

I wouldn't in any way compare Kimbo to Tito because Tito's got very good takedowns and GNP while Kimbo wants to keep it standing. Ken would be happy if Kimbo took him down early while he still has his wits about him. Ken's problem is that his brain shuts down too easy due to multiple concussions. Even Sakuraba dropped him and he's a 185 pound japanese grappler. Kimbo punches hard for a 250 pound man!

Ken needs to use a lot of head movement and go for takedowns early, then switch to ankle lock. If you saw what Frank Mir did to Brock Lesnar, that's Ken's best chance IMO.

• Members

Actually I'd love to see the fight as you described because Ken is a hall-of-fame fighter who's forgotten more than Kimbo will ever know, but the fact remains that Ken's brains are scrambled and Kimbo's hands are lethal. Kimbo's showed a much improved guard in his last fight against a very big man who took him down more than a few times. Even if Ken succeeds at getting him down, Kimbo knows enough not to get submitted and is strong enough to reverse Ken.

I see an early KO and I hope they don't have to carry Ken out of the ring. MAYBE Ken will get a takedown and switch to an ankle lock to pull it off, MAYBE.
:confused:

This is the way I see it going too. Kens brains are scrambled. It would be nice to see him retire. Him and Evander Holyfield.

• Members

If you saw what Frank Mir did to Brock Lesnar, that's Ken's best chance IMO.

As long as Shamrock can take the kind of punishment that Frank Mir did prior to locking down Lesnar's ankle. If he hadn't ended the fight right there, his face would have been hamburger. Did you see what Lesnar did to Heath Herring?:eek:

I think Kimbo is in for a fight tonight, but he'll win. It'll be the biggest fight he's ever been in, that's for sure.

C7

• Members

It depends on how Shamrock comes in, but I, for one, wont be writing him off. Kimbo looked horrible against Thompson, absolutely {censored}ing horrible and the only reason he didn't lose that fight is because he is the poster boy for EliteXC.

Obviously Thompson is a lot bigger than Shamrock, but Thompson looked like {censored} also. It was a horrible HORRIBLE fight, but it was still one that Thompson should have won. I'm not sure why anyone would think Kimbo ever showed anything that even resembled a good guard, but I obviously missed it.

If Ken takes it to the ground, it will be a slaughter unless Kimbo has improved a million times over since his last fight. And I think Ken can get it to the ground. Thompson has a notoriously weak chin and he was still able to get Kimbo to the ground, even with his complete lack of take-down skills. Ken, recently, has shown that his chin is extremely weak also, but his stand-up is better and his take-downs are better than Thompson.

On paper, Ken takes the fight. But striker's chance is always there, and particularly applicable with Kimbo. The one thing that Kimbo has going for him is that he is training with one of the best MMA fighters ever, Bas Rutten.

• Members

Obviously Thompson is a lot bigger than Shamrock, but Thompson looked like {censored} also. It was a horrible HORRIBLE fight, but it was still one that Thompson should have won. I'm not sure why anyone would think Kimbo ever showed anything that even resembled a good guard, but I obviously missed it.

If Ken takes it to the ground, it will be a slaughter unless Kimbo has improved a million times over since his last fight. And I think Ken can get it to the ground. Thompson has a notoriously weak chin and he was still able to get Kimbo to the ground, even with his complete lack of take-down skills. Ken, recently, has shown that his chin is extremely weak also, but his stand-up is better and his take-downs are better than Thompson.

On paper, Ken takes the fight. But striker's chance is always there, and particularly applicable with Kimbo. The one thing that Kimbo has going for him is that he is training with one of the best MMA fighters ever, Bas Rutten.

i would think you were not into this.

wouldnt this the antithesis of judo?

Archived